PlanetMinis Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
tacoshell4 said:
ok why cant i just buy a 72 piston and gasket kit and just bore my cyl? the autoboy kit has oem stamping on the jugs they use...
Dont quote me on it but i think those cylinders that they start out with are the high performance 50cc cylinders from honda not the one like on your bike and then they add there special sauce, port the intake and exhaust mill the head and cut it to fit the cylinder precisely and to raise compression........So the answer is sure you can but you probably wont beat them in a race.........These guys and Billy wiese for that matter are getting anywhere form 12 to 19hp at the wheels so they claim.I spoke to Billy Wiese at WRW racing the other day and he claims he is getting 15.5hp at the wheels from 62.9cc....you need more than just going from 50cc to 62.9cc to make power like that.

· Registered
4 Posts
I was leaning toward that Malossi 70cc cylinder until I stumbled upon this:

Malossi USA - WTH is going on?!? - ApriliaForum sponsored by AF1 Racing, inc.

As far as I can tell, malossiusa.com and malossiusaonline.com are run by the same outfit, Roselle Imports. It doesn't look like malossiusaonline.com has been updated in quite a while, and malossiusa.com shows the "account suspended" page.

Anyone ordered anything from them recently?

Guess I could try ordering stuff from an overseas place, but I've had mixed results from that in the past with some parts for my SR50 scooter.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.