PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I
have that 72" long Honda Rebel 250cc Clone by Pagsta called the Choppa that originally came with the 49cc or 97cc 4 stroke small pit bike type style engine (IDK what they actually call that type) and as title states I'm looking for a automatic engine, electric start preferred 150cc at least in size.

I'd get the Piranha or Daytona 212cc but in Atlanta and in traffic I'd never get out of 3rd gear so that'd just grind and kill the engine, especially with all the stop and go redlights.

The first part of this year I found a site that had a 150cc automatic with AfterPay options and I believe they were in Australia, but now I can't find the site anymore.

Also the price of the 212cc is too much for me to risk accidentally burning up and killing, which I had a bad habit with doing on the 4 speeds either due to no oil gauge on the odometer or choking it in between 2nd and 3rd gear in traffic.

A old harley friend of mine said put a panhead in it. haha

I know I could already get a little bit larger racing performance carb and a I forget whether it's a bigger rear or front sprocket for more speed, don't care about fast take off's.

Any help and suggestions on engines would be great, as it's at the shop awaiting a new choice.
10959-5b304be37253743a4f0a18700041797b.jpg
10960-d32c74964a41295ebf92a11ec362b6e1.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yeah it's a Pagsta Austrialian make but China parts

Why not rebuild? Also that's not the original engine or whats in it I just used it as an example of what type it takes.

I'd bought it with a 97cc in it and 3rd gear stripped, taught myself how to ride clutch in a parking lot. Went up to a 110cc and then 125cc mistake there was I had the family mechanic put it on and together and he told me he got drill happy and accidentally cracked the engine case but I rode around with a dripper for awhile until the engine crapped out cause we weilded the case shut but it rattled back open and when I got the 150cc back to my original mechanic of choice and brick and motar small engines motorcycle scooters and atv shop these were all clutch, he pointed out to me that I'm riding it wrong and giving it too much it can take.

But as he said and I'll admit I was guilty of easing it down from 4th to 3rd then slowly creeping up to a red light in 2nd and then backup again to 3rd or 4th. But I locked up the 110cc and then IDK WTF happened to the 150cc but it just wouldn't start at all kick or electric, LMAO I accidentally laid it down trying to jumpstart cause it still wouldn't turn over, they changed the spark plug and nothing still.

My bad habit was riding it to hot on too low of oil since the odometer didn't have an oil gauge. The mechanic said he found one with reverse that's automatic, since these engines just couldn't take the way I was shifting.

Also yes, I don't plan on going on the interstate with it and where I'm at in Atlanta it's a redlight almost every other block. Again more my bad habit method.

My end goal is to get the Pirahna 212cc and then just ride it every once in awhile but too also get a better bike like a Vstar 450 or a Royal Enfield 350 and work my way up to a 600. But I still can't bare to part with my first bike the old bitch Betsy Ross!

When I get the 212cc I know I'll have to get the engine reinforced with a bracket cage to secure it, cause even with the 150cc I had a foot peg rattle loose once, but I found that original odd triangle foot peg again in the same area. LMAO

Another mod I made was putting a heel toe shifter cause the toe tap shifter kept breaking and snapping the cable, also fell in love with that type of shifter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts