PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this auto clutch from XT powersports use the same design principle (mechanism) as this other one on ebay.

XT Power Sports Auto Clutch Assembly

eBay Motors: NEW TRAIL BIKES HD AUTO CLUTCH XR50 CRF50 XR CRF 50 nr (item 200287852611 end time Dec-19-08 15:57:39 PST)

To avoid crunching gears on shifting, I am wondering if they both use a disengagement mechanism via the shift level shaft, or some other means.

Looking at either for a Lifan 125. Also curious about how the slip amount is adjusted.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
they are basically the same... but dont know for sure who the manufacture is of the XT one. I would say go for the TB! 1. You know its quality. 2. TB stands behind their products and 3. See 1 and 2!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kurlon said:
Unless the Lifan you're looking at already runs a crank mounted clutch, neither of those will swap on.
Thanks Kurlon. Certainly cannot use a clutch meant to be crank mounted. Are you aware of any suitable auto clutches, or is a replacement engine required?

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I'm not aware of anyone selling conversion kits, the only vendor I know of who's made the effort of tracking down auto clutch 125s is Vince @ TBolt, so I'd give him a ring and see what he has for information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts