PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good friend of mine has had this ATC70 since new in 1985. He just gave it to me after many years of me harassing him to get it running. It’s been sitting since about ‘92 or so and needs love, but it’s low hours and not too far gone.

My buddy gave me the bike, 3 new tires, original gas tank, plus Clarke plastic job and a new carb.

Not sure if I want my boys riding this thing or not, but I’m gonna get it running. Maybe just put a cooler trailer behind it and spread cheer though out my neighborhood!

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, Loopie he’s awesome and after nearly 30 years I broke him down😛. I have a few sets of bars lying around, but this bike is all there so think I will go for 100% stock. Not a restoration, because I will ride it.
That said, I saw that blue one you got and it’s sweet. I love that headlight where did you get that?

· Administrator
12,661 Posts
I see the pullstarter is missing the handle. Have a look at my old pullstarter thread to fix it.
tmas

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice...IMO....The 85 is the best year with the four up transmission & the blue seat.. Free...low use...well done!
Did he give you the original WAMULASS tires?
tmas
Yeah, hard to argue with a deal like this!

That’s the tires that are on it, they are dry rotted and split. He gave me these…
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Architecture

· Registered
1,577 Posts
Clean and set the points. Definitely check and adjust the valves. Don't be afraid to take that carb apart and clean it properly. Get rid of the original air filter element before you suck it into the engine. And flush out the tank...and hoses.
I'm seeing your other bikes. Guess you don't need ME to tell you...that thing will run easily.
Congrats!

· Registered
657 Posts
The light I have is this one….

My blue 83 does have a trx90 engine with a Baja designs stator. Not sure how well it will work on a 6v engine.

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Kirrbby, this old trike will get the required “love” it needs to run again. I’m going to absolutely go back to the stock tank. Paint is super nice, will need to clean and maybe POR the inside. I might have some questions for folks on the pull start (thanks tmas!) and the rear axel as I get there.
First, I need to finish my KXR project!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts