PlanetMinis Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Kind of basic, but have you tried it without the kill switch connected? The other thing is that there is some cracking in your insulation on the coil wire that could allow arcing on the cam cover. The ground between the coil, frame, and engine needs to be solid. If you can trace the wires all the way to the stator, that would be useful to be sure about the color coding. The black with red should go to one of the stator coils, with the other end going to ground, and the blue with white usually goes to the pick-up sensor outside the flywheel. You mentioned the flywheel might be the wrong one. With the Chinese stators, the flywheel usually has bean-shaped holes on front. Post a pic.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Any luck getting it going? Got mine running today so here is a couple things.

1. I believe the sparkllug coil and needs to be grounded to the frame with the bolts.
2. The black and white wire off the cdi box goes to the sparkpkug coil wire.
3. Green wire needs to be grounded to the engine.
4. Check your timing.

And question for everyone else. Have you had any issues with the stumbling and is there a way to adjust the pickup on the stator?

·
Registered
4,028 Posts

1. I believe the sparkllug coil and needs to be grounded to the frame with the bolts.
4. Check your timing.

And question for everyone else. Have you had any issues with the stumbling and is there a way to adjust the pickup on the stator?
Have not had stumbling issues. Yes, you can adjust the pickup by widening the mounts. The other way to adjust the ignition timing is to file the metal tab that is on the outside of the stator. Filing the leading edge will retard the ignition. I had to do this a couple times on Chinese stators that had way too much advance and would kick back on the kickstart. Unfortunately, you can't use this method for advance unless you want to glue or weld on some metal. The spacing I use for the space between the sensor and the tab is a business card thickness.

·
Registered
2 Posts

4. Check your timing.

I'm in the same boat as you guys. Only thing is that everything was working about a week ago. Now no spark. I thought it was my spark plug coil since I found a poor connection from the lead to the plug. Ordered a new one and still no spark. I honestly am clueless. So you aren't running a kill switch I assume? I'm just scratching my head thinking the voltage regulator may have went out or something. Correct me if I'm wrong but green from stator to ground. Red white from the cdi box/voltage regulator to the spark plug coil. Blue and white from stator to cdi box. Black and red from stator to black and red on cdi box. My timing is good. Valves adjusted. Bypassed kill switch and have a few spark plugs as well

·
Registered
578 Posts
Take off the flywheel and inspect the stator? Maybe the eBay seller will send some troubleshooting tips and ohm measurements.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same kit but I'm having a spark problem. How much voltage should be coming out of the black wire that goes to the coil? Im getting 3 volts

41 - 53 of 53 Posts