PlanetMinis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Can anyone give me a hand with the wiring on this kit? I've neglected my ATC for a year or two and in between it had an ignition switch wired in (which failed) and I'm trying to figure out why I don't have spark. I'd also greatly appreciate if you could take some Ohm readings if it was convenient. Thanks a ton.

·
Super Moderator
10,675 Posts
Can anyone give me a hand with the wiring on this kit? I've neglected my ATC for a year or two and in between it had an ignition switch wired in (which failed) and I'm trying to figure out why I don't have spark. I'd also greatly appreciate if you could take some Ohm readings if it was convenient. Thanks a ton.
Just a thought.....If you bought the Cdi from the guy in Malaysia (ebay) I would suggest getting hold of him for the wiring diagram. I used to have one posted but the seller from Malaysia told me it changed and asked me to take the diagram down from Planet Minis because all sorts of people were having problems. I can put it back up but I'm not sure it will work for you.
tmas

·
Registered
578 Posts
Everyone still liking these?

Is the little black box only needed if running a 6v battery?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I know that these have been working out pretty well for the guys running them on CT70's. I'm not sure about the ATC70s, but I'd imagine they will work there too.
The black box is needed to send the timing info to the CDI...it's the trigger for the ignition timing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey fellas I realize I'm reading old posts. I ordered this kit and have no spark. I'm thinking I need a different flywheel. I don't see anything to trigger the spark. does anyone have a pic of the correct flywheel

·
Super Moderator
9,930 Posts
If you have the correct kit for your engine, you shouldn't need a different flywheel. If you look through the eBay ad, there is no mention of needing any other flywheel for it to work correctly.

eBay Ad

·
Registered
578 Posts
Post up a pic of how you have it setup. And make sure all the wires are hooked up to the correct spots? also try unplugging the kill switch?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too am curious about this cdi conversion. Interested to hear how it went. Nervous of the mylaysia purchase. Wonder why no US companies are making one.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have mine installed but haven't started it yet. Most Asian countries are still heavily selling and driving Honda and honda based cubs in the 50-90cc range.

·
Super Moderator
10,675 Posts
Did the guy who sold you the CDI kit provide you with a wiring diagram? The one I got came with one.
tmas

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did the guy who sold you the CDI kit provide you with a wiring diagram? The one I got came with one.
tmas
yes the pic of the diagram he sent is pictured above. It doesn't really apply to the kit he sent.

any chance you have your old diagram?

21 - 40 of 53 Posts