PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased a cdi igniton for my atc off ebay from malyasia and they said it would take 21 days to receive it . 21 days later the mailman dropped it off and i had to install it asap! haha ! It took flywheel puller and 2 screws and my old o-ring off my stock ignition. connected 3 wires and BAM ! started right up ! Ran real rough until i rejetted and adjusted my carb but now i think it has more throttle response. I put it on my stroked and bored 70 engine with no issues!

I highly reccomend this kit!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used this kit also and very pleased with the results. I recommend getting the oil seal and replacing it while your in there and new o-ring doesn't hurt either.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
86trizinger said:
Is this the electronic ignition kit for around $70 on eBay?
well one is one with denso flywheel and other is for reg honda ! ask b4 u buy! i didnt ask but i end up complaining and they gave me other one for 64.99 haha

·
Registered
376 Posts
yeah the oil seal runs about 10 bucks dont forget to pick one up. did you guys have to rejet? mine wont run strong up top but i need to get some maintenance issues taken care of first. could i have just ran and irk instead?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I installed this kit in a 85 ATC70 and it worked perfectly. I want to buy a few more for future projects, but don't have the extra $. I love it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a ct 70 motor w/ Poweroll 82cc kit in it mounted in a PW80 frame & always hoped to come up w/ a better ignition for it, this may just be it.

Thanks

T

·
0 Posts
I just installed two of them. They work great and give a noticeable increase in power in the upper rpms. The biggest issue I had was trying not to pinch the stator plate o-ring upon installation. Before installing, I used a small file to deburr the edges of the plate and the o-ring groove. The casting is a little rough as received. Also, I found it was much easier to take everything off the plate and install it bare with plenty of lube on the case and o-ring. I used the two stator plate screws to incrementally pull the plate in evenly while tending carefully to the o-ring by tucking it in with a small screwdriver whenever it started to pinch. Once installed, it fired right up.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts