PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I have got to the point that I have set my suspension up just right and the motor is good so I am wondering about the brakes, Are disk brake that important of a up grade and if so what are major reasons why? also what is more improtant the front or back? 400$ for front brakje just does not seem worth it to me but maybe I am wrong

·
Registered
378 Posts
alcapon1 said:
well I have got to the point that I have set my suspension up just right and the motor is good so I am wondering about the brakes, Are disk brake that important of a up grade and if so what are major reasons why? also what is more improtant the front or back? 400$ for front brakje just does not seem worth it to me but maybe I am wrong
get some zokes, they come with front brakes lol :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'd go with at least front disc brakes. I though the stick drum totally sucked so put a RM65 front end on and it will catapult you over the bars now when you hit the front brake!, plus the disc takes less pulling on the brake lever

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
alcapon1 said:
I already have kx60 TBR salad forks that I really like so if anything they would need to attach to those.
well your out of luck cuz they wont.this is a trick question about brakes right,cuz drum dont even compare to the disc and yeah $400 is worth it to get then disc.but run the kx65 forks and you will be like I know I didnt ask that question b4.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
well heres how i look at it. Do pro motocross racers use wave rotors on their 250 and 450f's? No they dont, because they dont want to stop quicker, they want to never let off for a second, so if you get fast enough to where you dont need your brakes at all, then who cares about disc or drum ;-)

T-RAV

·
Registered
917 Posts
T-rav said:
well heres how i look at it. Do pro motocross racers use wave rotors on their 250 and 450f's? No they dont, because they dont want to stop quicker, they want to never let off for a second, so if you get fast enough to where you dont need your brakes at all, then who cares about disc or drum ;-)

T-RAV
true, but they dont use drum brakes either.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mad 110 said:
well your out of luck cuz they wont.this is a trick question about brakes right,cuz drum dont even compare to the disc and yeah $400 is worth it to get then disc.but run the kx65 forks and you will be like I know I didnt ask that question b4.
well,I am not trying to trick anyone, I know they are better than drum brakes but I just want to know how much better if people would read my question.I want to know if having them is a must? I have never used them on a klx110. maybe people mis understood me, Of course I plan on getting them in the future but there is other things I would like to do first because this is not a cheap upgrade. I understand a bigger bike/cars/ trucks and so on but after all these are pitbikes, I thought there might not be a major need but I guess there is . Now that I think about it even RC cars have them so no matter how small it is disks work better. Oh and by the way Storm makes a disk brake kit that fits my tbr kx60 front end for 210$ and I will use this

·
Registered
611 Posts
i just looked at that kit -- and the photo of it looks good

its about $180 on faster-minis web site

for that price you cant go wrong - post some pics and let us know how it works if you get it

·
Registered
921 Posts
T-rav said:

T-RAV

Actually.. yes, a lot of them do. Those that don't all use oversize rotors.

The catch is, yes, they want to be on the gas as much as possible, but the other KEY is they want to get on the brake as hard as they can for as little amount of time as possible. You need to have huge brakes for that.

Have you ever seen a pro racer with out a finger on the brake?? (yes, you have, but I am just making a point)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I Have Kx60 Forks That I Really Like And $400 For 65 Set Up Is Way Cheap You Will Have That In The Triple Clamps I Have The Storm Set Up And It Works Way Better Than Stock So I Would Do That If You Do Not Want To Spend The Money

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mxracer6 said:
i just looked at that kit -- and the photo of it looks good

its about $180 on faster-minis web site

for that price you cant go wrong - post some pics and let us know how it works if you get it

The one they show on fasterminis is for a 50, its 30$+ for the 110 kit but I will be getting this and be done with brakes for a while. from what I here its a good upgrade for the price.

I ride so fast that the bike only looks smaller!!!

·
Registered
542 Posts
T-rav said:

T-RAV
There is not one pro out there that is so fast that they don't "need their front brakes". That is ridiculous. They need them more. They drive harder and faster into the corners and then brake so hard sometimes they almost bottom out their front end from using the front brake, then back on the gas before anyone would think possible and they are gone. Pros use brakes...a lot!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.