PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jus bought a sdg 107 speedmini and know nothing about it if anyone has knowledge on this bike please tell me!!! thanks

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
yamaha222 said:
I jus bought a sdg 107 speedmini and know nothing about it if anyone has knowledge on this bike please tell me!!! thanks

i had one about 4 months back what would you like to know lol?:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YZ250F4ever said:
i had one about 4 months back what would you like to know lol?:D
How to adjust the compresion on the rear shock? and how is the duribility of the motor compared to a klx110

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
doopsx3 said:
I run a SDG 107 3V in my Tech 5
i mean i had one and all i can say is theer alot of fun! i hard marzocchi forks on mine and those kicked ace, the only complaint was the rear shock i had some cheapo one on there that would always bottom out it sucked, but otehr than that it was SICKKKKKKKK, here is a review o it:

The Speed Mini is a 107cc, air-cooled four-stroke with a four-speed transmission, which is equipped with a clutch just like a big bike. Its chrome-moly frame is designed like that of a CRF50F but sits much taller. The Speed Mini has a 36mm long-travel fork along with a long-travel rear shock that mounts to an aluminum swingarm. The bike uses hydraulic brakes front and rear. All the components are oversize; the shifter, rear brake lever, footpegs, handlebar mounts and seat are ready to fit big and small riders alike.

The Speed Mini is fun to ride on the track, and the 107 motor offers decent power off the bottom, pulling into good midrange without a lot of top-end. The transmission is smooth but doesn't like to shift under power, and sometimes neutral is hard to find. The ergonomics are comfortable and ready for any adult who is willing. The hydraulic brakes offer decent stopping power and showed no signs of fading. Because the bike sits fairly high, straight-line stability is a bit on the scary side as the bike gets speed wobbles easily as with most 50s.

You can't build a trick mini for even close to the low $2399 cost of the SDG Speed Mini. It's a great bargain if you don't want to spend the big bucks on a custom. On the flip side, some of the parts, such as the disc brakes and calipers, look and feel cheap compared with some of the super-trick aftermarket parts that are available for today's minis

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
yamaha222 said:
How to adjust the compresion on the rear shock? and how is the duribility of the motor compared to a klx110

you would have to take a pic of the rear shock you have cause almost any shock fits on that bike because almost every part from a CRF50 fits it that was the base of the design. i never had troubles with my motor so i couldnt tell ya how the durability of it is. I had mine for 6months everytime first kick. :D I always heard the clutches wear fast but mine never had an issue.

heres what mine looked like.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts

I did the kick starter and shift star up-grade...put a Crower cam and a AHP hi compression piston....she scoots okay

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YZ250F4ever said:
you would have to take a pic of the rear shock you have cause almost any shock fits on that bike because almost every part from a CRF50 fits it that was the base of the design. i never had troubles with my motor so i couldnt tell ya how the durability of it is. I had mine for 6months everytime first kick. :D I always heard the clutches wear fast but mine never had an issue.

heres what mine looked like.

wells it stock shock and i really dont want to make any modifications to it. but did you ride yours pretty hard?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
yamaha222 said:
do you know much about the durability of the bike?

i took mine to the track and i would say i rode it hard as far as jumping and hitting whoops. i never power shifted it though i always used the clutch properly on it, alot of guys i saw at milestone would power shift them (shifting up while letting off the gas using no clutch) and i never thought that was good for them, i actually on the entry level track at milestone was passing some 85's and 65's on mine even passed a few guys on XR200's hahaha they really really zip and i only had a stock motor. the only pain on the whole entire bike was the rear brakes they really suck, but the rest of the bike was A+'s in my book. you will enjoy it, trust me. what kind of riding do you plan on doing? :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
screwing around in the woods, my buddy has a little track at his house no big jumps though. there isnt really any tracks around my town that alow pitbikes

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
yamaha222 said:
screwing around in the woods, my buddy has a little track at his house no big jumps though. there isnt really any tracks around my town that alow pitbikes

o the bike is more then fine then, the biggest jump i did on mine was a 20 foot table top. but its always fun hitting whoops on them tho. :D as long as you keep the air filter clean and oiled, the tranny oil clean, and the valves in spec it wil last you a long time, i checked my valves i think once they were in spec and i never had to touch them again. I think SDG motors are very relieable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok cool that was my main concern the durability of the motor... if you know any decent sites to get parts and accessories i would grealy appreciate it

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
what year model is it...prior to '05 there was trans and kick starter issues....thats why mine has the upgrades....stock it is a little bland but if you work it over some it will scoot pretty good..the only thing I can say bad about mine is the gear spacing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts