PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah. You need to fab a brake-stay. I used a bolt with a 12mm head. I drilled the swingarm at the same spot the 50 brake-stay is at and ran the bolt through with a spacer to hold it out far enough and lock washers to keep it from loosening. It's as easy as can be.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I ground the welds for the brake stay tab plate off the 50 arm and did some grinding on it to get it to fit flush with the side plate of the 70 arm, then welded it in place.

A bolt/spacer works fine, but youll have to find a 2-3mm washer to take up the space that the 50 tab plate usually takes up

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dezmo said:
I ground the welds for the brake stay tab plate off the 50 arm and did some grinding on it to get it to fit flush with the side plate of the 70 arm, then welded it in place.

A bolt/spacer works fine, but youll have to find a 2-3mm washer to take up the space that the 50 tab plate usually takes up
Has the swingarm hit any of yalls pipe on full compression of the shock?

·
Registered
57 Posts
CMaDillac said:
[quote name='Dezmo']I ground the welds for the brake stay tab plate off the 50 arm and did some grinding on it to get it to fit flush with the side plate of the 70 arm, then welded it in place.

Has the swingarm hit any of yalls pipe on full compression of the shock?[/quote]

Not that I noticed. I'm running stock exhaust and Ishock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.