PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ran anything other than the supplied bombshell brakes with the bombshells/ultra's?? my brakes dont really work real great and i need to bleed them but really dont know how to.

thanks,

tyler

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
try new pads, check the disk for wear replace if needed

and bleed the brakes should be working good after that. no need to buy new brake set up

;)

best way to bleed the brake is to get a clear tube that fits tight over the nipple on the caliper and let it hang down into a plastic bottle ( i use a gatorade bottle with a hole drilled in the cap for the tube to go through) now take the top of the brake master cylinder and then loosen the nipple on the caliper now your ready to drain the old oil, pull the brake leaver and you should see oil coming through the clear tube, now tighten the nipple and release the leaver and repeat that again but keep an eye on the fluid in the master cylinder dont let it drain out completly when its low fill with the new fluid and repeat the step over and over till you think you have drained all the old oil out of the system

if there is air in the system when you crack the nipple and pull the leaver your see bubbles in the clear tube keep bleeding the system keeping a close eye on the master cylinder level, let it get too low and your have air in the system

i really hope that helps and you understand what ive been writing!

·
Registered
291 Posts
even if you bleed em they still suck. look for any mountainbike brake. pinkbike.com's buy/sell section has tooons of them from like $20 to 400 ask arround there they can tell you whats good

·
Registered
84 Posts
try to bleed them first just like said in the 2nd post

best way to bleed the brake is to get a clear tube that fits tight over the nipple on the caliper and let it hang down into a plastic bottle ( i use a gatorade bottle with a hole drilled in the cap for the tube to go through) now take the top of the brake master cylinder and then loosen the nipple on the caliper now your ready to drain the old oil, pull the brake leaver and you should see oil coming through the clear tube, now tighten the nipple and release the leaver and repeat that again but keep an eye on the fluid in the master cylinder dont let it drain out completly when its low fill with the new fluid and repeat the step over and over till you think you have drained all the old oil out of the system

if there is air in the system when you crack the nipple and pull the leaver your see bubbles in the clear tube keep bleeding the system keeping a close eye on the master cylinder level, let it get too low and your have air in the system

be careful with the nipple (i broke mine off) easy does it;)

if that does not work call dave at sano mx PHONE: 951-304-1441 or e-mail him(he told me this is best) [email protected]

i just had the same thing happen to me but like a dumba** i broke the nipple

so i ordered a new one, i got mine from the lever to the caliper it came hooked up,blead,new pads and this plastic thing in the middle of the pads

best $90 i've spent yet they rock,stop on a dime and feel great

heres the link Hydraulic Disc Brake Kit

good luck and let me know how it goes

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys yah they didnt work too bad when i first got them but i know its time to bleed and change pads.thanks for the bleeding tutorial mooie..it is way easier than the threads stating how to that i was reading last night.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i called sano and he said he doesnt have the brake pads in stock and doesnt know if he will even get any more.what options are there??i bled the brakes and they worked good again except my pads only have a couple mm or pad left so there worn smooth out.

thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts