PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
1. you can get them from sik50s in black, red, and gold. spokes as well

2. they feel much like a bigger bike, with slower steering. its not so sketchy, and going over obstacles its much easier such as holes.

I know, on my new bike i am building, it will definetly have a 12" wheel.. no question.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i have an extra 12" black one with hd spokes I am just about to throw on ebay. I was going to go 12" front and rear but decided that to go 10" rear. pm me if you want it. I even think my friend has a extra 10" in black cause he bought a 12" also.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I am definatly not going to do that on a stock suspension, I ride a 50 for a different reason, as we all do, for me it is to have a custom play bike that happens to have 50 plastics and a gas tank, that is really all that I plan on keeping stock. A stock or near stock 50 is just not practical for me.

·
Registered
431 Posts
five0addict said:
so your going to spend a bunch of money on something to make it not what it is? why not buy what you want, just to be different i assume.

its your money! more power to you.

I am starting from the ground up, so I am buying exactly what I want, give me a definition of what a 50 is? go through the gallery and see how many different 50's there are, everyone wants something a little different. I wanted to use the xr50/70 as a base for the build up because of the availability of aftermarket parts and I have always been a honda guy. Make it not what it was, isnt that what everyone on this site is here to do, modify their 50?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got one of the first BBR/Polini 12" frontends last year and have been hooked on 12's in front every since. I can't hardly ride a 50 with a 10" any more, especially in loose fluffy stuff. I've never tried a 12" in back because it's not allowable in the regular 50 classes, but I'll highly recommend 12" in front so long as your chassis can support it.

~Ron

Xtreme Racing 50s

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
my bike is modded to hell and back, BUT its still a fiftycc motorcycle, still the same size frame, wheels, and engine. i like riding a fifty BECAUSE it IS a challenge. i mean once you throw down a grand (or two or three...) on changes its not riding a mini bike. this site is called planetminis because its about small bikes, not once small but now faster than a 125 with better suspension . com. maybe im into this for the wrong reason but i sereously doubt it. theres always the extreme but its like turning a bus into a dragster, sure your different, but is that a good thing? plz dont get pissed at me im just showing a point of view, thats all. :)

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
I totally agree with you addict. This stuff is getting out of control, and it seems like its getting away from its roots. I rode my bone stock 50 yesterday around my driveway and had a blast doing it. Everybody's attitude seems to be "change every piece on your bike or its not good enough." I think the aftermarket out there is awesome, but its not for everybody. Some people will just have more fun on the same bike that their little sister rides. There was a clip in one of the Crusty movies entitled "Z50's" and that is really what got me into these things. It was a bunch of goons bobbling around on little kids bikes, with a smile from ear to ear. Is there anybody else out there that hears what i'm saying?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.