PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
ssr's r junk bikes. dont even bother unless u wanna b fixin crap all the time. honestly ur best bet is a pitster for the price and quality if ur lookin for a knockoff. just put on a stocker pipe if u wanna limit the sound. thts wut i did. i use an xr70 pipe.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
This guy knows nothing about the SSR's new lineup of bikes...which includes the SSR 88 pro..

It has the same wheels as the Pitster, comes with an IRK semi auto 88cc engine with 23/20 valves and 22mm carb...the forks are like pitsters first model...non inverted oil bathed and the shock is a fast ace with rebound adjuster...swinger is bearing mounted and the bike as a whole is very nice for the money its a bargain.....

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
The 88 is the best bang on the market right now,I've tested them for SSR and I only have a couple of small complants,Here's what I didnt like

bars,front brake lever,no rim lock,I like the mikuni but it needs a 18 or 19 the 22 is to big for a stock 86 jailing

Here's what I liked

+2 cromolly frame,cradle,inner rotor,+3 swimg arm,wheels & tires and it's light for a chinies bike

I would not think twice about buying one if thats what your price range is,check ebay you can find good deals on them

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
slowracer said:
The 88 is the best bang on the market right now,I've tested them for SSR and I only have a couple of small complants,Here's what I didnt like

bars,front brake lever,no rim lock,I like the mikuni but it needs a 18 or 19 the 22 is to big for a stock 86 jailing

Here's what I liked

+2 cromolly frame,cradle,inner rotor,+3 swimg arm,wheels & tires and it's light for a chinies bike

I would not think twice about buying one if thats what your price range is,check ebay you can find good deals on them

That's exactly what I was told too and thanks. I was told a 20mm carb is the hot ticket. This was specially built for the 88 class "racing" oh yeah I pick it up in a crate tomorrow for VERY CHEAP. I will let you know as this is a play bike only. I still ride big bikes for now. Any GOOD links for parts would be great guys. I heard the rear shock (for my size) and chain/sprockets are the main weak link on these....I will let you know guys......

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ssr90rpro Update !!!

This thing rips. For the money it was worth it right out of the crate. I put a updated 420 chain and Pro tapers (higher) and just adjusted the front brake. Went around and checked-tightened everything up. It ran trouble free all weekend. Still not sure about that carb size it looks smaller than a 22mm (anyone confirm?) I think with some jetting it should come around pretty good. I rode it a pretty much jumpless track (Perris) in fresh packed loam and it worked really good. VERY-VERY Impressed.......pics to follow soon when graphics are done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.