PlanetMinis Forums banner

861 - 880 of 880 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have my ZB50 for sale right now. Im looking for $2,000 obo. Located in Toledo, OH - local pickup only. See description below. I can send more pictures via email - just send me a pm and we can exchange emails. Currently for sale on local craigslist.

1988 Honda ZB50

I am looking to sell my Honda ZB50. I have had it for a few years and I am looking to move on to something else. I have a clear title in my name and I am asking $2,000 obo (Cash only).

Currently, the bike has a few modifications, none of which alter the original state of the bike. The bike can be converted back to stock with zero knowledge that it was ever modified. Since this bike is so rare, I did not want to lose the potential to return it completely to stock. I still have all of the original parts if you choose to switch it back. Everything is included in the price.

The handlebars that are on the bike now are essentially Honda Monkey R clones that were custom made. The front fender was lowered to match the Monkey R style. It can be raised to the original position. The turn signals are aftermarket also. I choose them because of their size. Again, I still have the originals.

As common with these bikes, there are two dents on the sides of the gas tank. I bought the bike with these already there. The bike also has other cosmetic issues such as scuffs and scratches common with a 27 year old bike.

The original engine was removed temporarily and I put a Lifan 140 engine in it. The Lifan is not included. The original engine was drained of oil and stored away during this time. I recently installed the original engine and it fired first kick. I took it for a test ride and it runs excellent. Due to this switch, the mileage on the engine is perhaps 500-1000 miles less than the odometer which is around 3,500 miles. The engine is a 3 speed clutch-less manual (typical in CT70's and Z50's).

The bike has not been washed in a while, but it does clean up rather nicely. This bike has a lot of potential for a nice restore project or just run it as is.

Here is a little more info on the bike from Wikipedia:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The ZB50 is a small 50 cc motorcycle produced by Honda belonging to its Z Series family of mini bikes. The ZB50 is very similar to the Monkey-R and Monkey-RT which were marketed only in Japan in 1987 and 1988.

The ZB50 was available in 1988 in the United States, Canada and western Europe. Only 3058 were produced for the US market as the bike proved too expensive to mass-produce. The ZB50 was offered as a street & trail alternative to the Z50R, which was geared more towards dirt track riders. The ZB50 is characterized by a perimeter twin spar frame, giving it the appearance of a miniature sportbike. IMG_0121.jpg

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hope everyone is doing good. I haven't been on Planetminis for a while, but will be visiting more frequently. Got to work on my bikes!

Some ZB50's for sale. + $$$$$$$
Not mine.

Looks like this guy has 3. In California, he has his phone number in the listing.
1988 Honda ZB50 | eBay

Another one in California.
1988 Honda ZB50 | eBay

Then there is this overseas, crazy custom "zb50 thing". :33:
Honda ZB 50 Original Japan Custom Made | eBay

-Richard

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
2 ZBs for sale near Atlanta Ga.

I'm selling my 2 ZBs in lithia springs GA. One is a barn find. It is stock, runs and drives, all electricals work but needs a base gasket and carb rebuild or cleaning. Leaks oil and gas. $1100
s-l1600 (5).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg

The other ZB is my BABY! I've owned it for 13+ years. I stripped this down to the frame, cleaned everything and put it back together with a Loncin 125cc, 4spd manual trans. Kitaco exhaust with 3/4" header pipe. It has a bunch of other aftermarket parts on it. It runs and drives great. It'll carry my 205lb self at 45-55mph easily.
$2600
s-l1600 (7).jpg s-l1600 (6).jpg

·
Super Moderator
10,561 Posts
00Y0Y_l6z3BhscNGw_600x450.jpg

Brad Warren is selling his ZB and asked me to post the link on PM.
tmas

https://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/d/hampton-1988-honda-zb-custom/6944168397.html

1988 Honda ZB50 excellent condition. Registered street legal. 424 original miles. Only 3058 made, one year ( 1988 ). Many new and custom parts, gas tank, motor, carburetor, k&n filter, chain, exhaust, fenders, tires, lock set, directionals, etc. Not ridden in 4 years. Always garaged and stored inside. $2650 obo. Text or call nine78-66O-9O15.

·
Super Moderator
10,561 Posts
View attachment 246920

Brad Warren is selling his ZB and asked me to post the link on PM.
tmas

https://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/d/hampton-1988-honda-zb-custom/6944168397.html

1988 Honda ZB50 excellent condition. Registered street legal. 424 original miles. Only 3058 made, one year ( 1988 ). Many new and custom parts, gas tank, motor, carburetor, k&n filter, chain, exhaust, fenders, tires, lock set, directionals, etc. Not ridden in 4 years. Always garaged and stored inside. $2650 obo. Text or call nine78-66O-9O15.
He told me he SOLD it for $2200. Told me he's going to sell his 40th anniversary z50 (clone) and NSR50 next.
tmas

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey guys first post here. Ive loved the Zb50s for a long time. A guy I work with has one and will not sell it. So im on here to get one. Im looking for one that has not been repainted and is in pretty good shape. Ive been scanning ebay and cannot find one. So if you have one please email me with pics. I live in Phoenix AZ. Or if you know where to get one let me know where I can pick it up. :eek:
I do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys first post here. Ive loved the Zb50s for a long time. A guy I work with has one and will not sell it. So im on here to get one. Im looking for one that has not been repainted and is in pretty good shape. Ive been scanning ebay and cannot find one. So if you have one please email me with pics. I live in Phoenix AZ. Or if you know where to get one let me know where I can pick it up. :eek:
If this is an old post please excuse. I have a ZB50 with 5 miles on it if you know anyone that might want it. Thank you David Brazelton. 530-308-5409

·
Registered
85 Posts
for anyone on the hunt, I recently stumbled upon two different ZBs listed for sale, neither listing belongs to me, one is in CA the other TX

861 - 880 of 880 Posts