PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 880 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys first post here. Ive loved the Zb50s for a long time. A guy I work with has one and will not sell it. So im on here to get one. Im looking for one that has not been repainted and is in pretty good shape. Ive been scanning ebay and cannot find one. So if you have one please email me with pics. I live in Phoenix AZ. Or if you know where to get one let me know where I can pick it up. :eek:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Not sure if you know about the Skyteam bikes, zb knock-offs availble new for around that price, I believe.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
865 Posts
If the seller used genuine Honda parts, he probably has over a couple hundred in the topend and crank. Ask him if he has the keys for the entire lock set(ignition, fork, helmet, and gascap) and if the condition of the inside of the tank is good. If all that is good and present, then he might get a decent price, especially if he has a title.

Just to give you an idea of price, I bought a roller with a basketcase motor for $250, but it did not have a speedometer and the tank was nasty inside. Cases, stator/lightcoil in good condition.

·
Super Moderator
10,635 Posts
ask him if the speedometer works. Another discontinued part from Honda like the gas tank.

i do have 90% of the parts you need for this bike.

What parts does the seller have?

tmas

·
3,291 Posts
ZB50 for sale

Here's one of mine. I am going to post it on Ebay next week. Just saw this thread. This bike is right. No expense spared. Can be returned to stock. Included will be: NOS front fender

Stock shock

NOS Honda tank decals w/ warning decals

OEM turn signals

NOS Honda black exhaust cover

Motor - Minigunz stock rebuild - 2hrs on it.

14 miles on resto. 14 miles on NOS Speedometer.

Custom made Works Performance shock

NOS Parts - wheels - hubs - handlebars - all handlebar controls - mirrors- seat - tailight lens - fork reflectors - misc. fastners - footpeg assembly - kickstand and more. This bike has the correct rear fiberglass oem fender not a replacement plastic one.

Bike speaks for it self. No Ebay fuzzy picture rusted bent missing parts smokin piece of crap. Also New Jersey tagged. I'm keeping my stone stock one. Over 3K into this bike. I'm asking $3000. Email me for more details. Check out pictures on my website in the "My Bikes Gallery".

Attachments

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
very nice bike but too much for me. Im the highest bidder on the parts zb right now at 168

RAZZO said:
Here's one of mine. I am going to post it on Ebay next week. Just saw this thread. This bike is right. No expense spared. Can be returned to stock. Included will be: NOS front fender

Stock shock

NOS Honda tank decals w/ warning decals

OEM turn signals

NOS Honda black exhaust cover

Motor - Minigunz stock rebuild - 2hrs on it.

14 miles on resto. 14 miles on NOS Speedometer.

Custom made Works Performance shock

NOS Parts - wheels - hubs - handlebars - all handlebar controls - mirrors- seat - tailight lens - fork reflectors - misc. fastners - footpeg assembly - kickstand and more. This bike has the correct rear fiberglass oem fender not a replacement plastic one.

Bike speaks for it self. No Ebay fuzzy picture rusted bent missing parts smokin piece of crap. Also New Jersey tagged. I'm keeping my stone stock one. Over 3K into this bike. I'm asking $3000. Email me for more details. Check out pictures on my website in the "My Bikes Gallery".

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Hell, I'll sell my ZB for $3000 too. Has a 125cc engine, 4spd manual tranny and other go fast goodies. 69 mph on GPS. 98 mpg city driving. Legally registered in NY.

·
3,291 Posts
Stock vs Modified

[quote name='d0n']Hell, I'll sell my ZB for $3000 too. Has a 125cc engine, 4spd manual tranny and other go fast goodies. 69 mph on GPS. 98 mpg city driving. Legally registered in NY.

Nice ZB50 d0n! There is a big difference in value between hot rods and stock bikes to collectors. A simple paint job on my ZB's with the correct decals added and a few parts replaced = original restored bike. Higher value. Collectors want original. Not modified. Buy all the $1500 ZB'S you want. Try to restore one now. Parts are gone. I know of people who have paid $500 for a nos ZB50 gas tank. That bike on Ebay, you would go broke trying to restore that basket case. Buy that to hot rod. Too many parts missing or ruined. Do you have the original motor for yours? Turn signals? Exhaust and cover? If so hold on to them. Your will be worth a lot more in the future than as it sits now. You built a hot rod for you. Ride, enjoy it! Also make an bracket, tap the swingarm, bolt it to that last bolt hole on the Monkey rear hugger so it not flopping around.:) :) :) :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Good luck finding a nice one for $1500. 99% of ZB's were either trail ridden or street ridden hard by kids. No one really cared for them when they were brand new so not many mint ones exist. The only nice ones left are either owned by the people on this board (hehe) or have been rebuilt. And with so many crucial parts no longer available, the mint ones are slowly disappearing and those for sale are commending very high prices (1800-ish). I think in your budget range will be something that is mechanically good but not good cosmetically or maybe missing some parts.

I kinda regret modding my first ZB (it was absolutely mint, had only 112km's on it and all the original parts but this was like 8 years ago and I didn't think I would find another ZB in my area or find a community that loved the ZB so much.) Now that I have 3, I've kinda given up on keeping anything stock and am just modding to my heart and budget's delight. BTW - I completely redid one of the ZB's this week and I'll post pics tomorrow....it's quite a shocking/different look from stock!

1 - 20 of 880 Posts