PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
10,051 Posts
The best quality will be the genuine Honda Monkey. The Jincheng Panda is the second best in quality, and the best of all the chinese bikes. Plus, unless something has changed, it will come new with an MSO, which will allow you to get a title on the bike.

The motors will hold up just fine.

· Registered
757 Posts
G'day,

don't know the current range offered by Jincheng (Panda) in the USA but would personally stay away from the Chrome edition (the all chrome & silver paint model). the chrome version does not look very nice due to silver frame/swingarm and the chrome quality is not that great in some corners (copper shinning through).

as well, highly recommend getting the Hydraulic Front Fork version with disc-brake and 4-speed manual clutch.

engine versions availabe: 50cc, 70cc, 90cc, 110cc (might not all be available in USA through Panda / Jincheng).

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the info,I called around trying to find a Fun rider and they are no longer available.All the dealers around here are sold out and Panda wont return there calls for more bikes.That sucks

Mike

· Registered
10,051 Posts
Mike,

Try one of these companies. Just make sure you can get a MSO for a road legal bike, and not an MSO for "offroad use only". Ask lots of questions, as I haven't dealt with either.

www.hondaminitrails.com or oldhonda.com

www.powerbikeusa.com

They may have some old stock left that come with the proper paperwork.

Seriously, ask pointed questions and get something in writing before you order up, and it will save you headaches later.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got my Panda today

I got my new Panda today,I have to say that I am impressed with the little bike.I got the bike shipped to me for less that 1000.00.The only thing I dont like is the plastic fenders so those will have to go.Thanks for all the help finding one.

:lol:

Mike

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jincheng

I got it from a dealer in Ohio and I got the Jincheng Panda.These are nice bikes if your looking for a rider.I couldnt fix up an older model for the price I got this one for.

Mike :twisted:

· Registered
10,051 Posts
Mike,

I got the real article. 2003 Honda Monkey Limited Edition I imported from Japan new from a dealer, and then tore it down and restomoded it. However, if I were to purchase a copy bike, I'd get the new Jincheng M50D with front disc brakes.

This:

Into This:

Leave the bike stock and don't get sucked in to the modification sickness. It will get much worse the more parts you purchase!

· Registered
10,051 Posts
MikeC said:
Whats the best way to get more power from these stock bikes? I was thinking bigger carb and a better pipe.I dont want to go crazy with it.

Mike

I am not going to tell you. Once you change one nut or bolt on that bike, there is no turning back.

Don't purchase from these guys, but here's some parts choices for you:

www.monkeybike.co.uk

Happy window shopping...

Dan

· Registered
10,051 Posts
The USA has no Honda Monkey/Panda scene to think of. You can special order the Takegawa parts from Two Bros but I find them extremely expensive and clueless when it comes to special ordering parts, and you can special order Kitaco Parts from Classic Honda, but again, they will bend you over the barrel.

I merely order my stuff up from Japan from a couple friends of mine.

· Registered
227 Posts
Z88R. Any help with a parts source in Japan would be great. I am planning on building a street monkey this winter. I wouldn't mind buying a Honda monkey from Japan like yours too. How did you do that?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.