PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a sikk 120 motor today for parts... and just by looking at the parts I can tell its a lot different than a lifan 120. This is the stuff I noticed right off....

-head appears to be something similar to the stock GPX with the smaller valves

-the studs are honda diameter... not bigger like the regular 120's

-stud spacing appears to be goofy still... but its hard to say without measuring it yet.

-13mm wrist pin unlike the regular 14mm units

I will get more specs tomorrow just for kicks. Chime in if you know any other quirks.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds more like the crank mounted clutch 125 motor?

I'm talking about the newest style with the clutch on the main shaft. This particular motor had a bearing go for the transmission. I believe it was doing the whole false neutral thing as well. Its tempting to replace any bearings it may need and run it... but I have a feeling I would regret it. I bought it for the stator/flywheel and random tidbits that will carry over to a honda build.

Looks like the head will bolt right up to a honda build. Might only be able to run one dowel pin without reworking the other one. The tooth count on the cam might be different as well.

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
TheCRKid said:
so far all the 120cc steel barrel motors

-unique stud pattern

-14mm pin

-big valves

prolly forget some stuff since its been a while

Thats sounds about right except you forgot they have glass transmission shafts and play-doh gears

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So i finally got around to doing a little measuring yesterday on this engine. It appears to run a 57mm stroke with a 13mm pin like a GPX. It has the smaller valved head like the GPX too. I think its a knock off knock off motor.

The only part that confuses me is the smaller diameter studs? I slid my stock RCM (zonger 120) cylinder on the studs and it went on fine. It has regular 120/125 spacing with honda diameter studs. I guess it just wont be as strong of a top end as a motor with the thicker studs?

This crank might find a new home in a set of zongshen cases...

·
Vendor
10,568 Posts
o im sorry

you mean the new sikk mx motor

there very similare to the gpx

but lack the best trail ,,,,4up trannys

atleast with a lifan 120 its shifts bad but has the big valve head

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.