PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for constructive criticism and any advice here. This bike is still being mocked up at the moment. Next are an extended BBR swinger, Acerbis headlight and tail/brakelight, 90watt stator, mirror, maybe turn signals, and a speedo. I just haven't found a speedo I know will work yet.

I went w/ SL26 front and back so I can get a few miles out of them. I plan on putting this thing on the street. No racing, just street.

And yes, that is a KLX rear copy on the front of my bike. Had to make a brake arm and a bracket for the cable but it fit w/ the aid of the correct spacer.

Any suggestions welcome right now. I still have to put all the lighting on and the swinger isn't here yet. I am putting lower bars on it also. I can't decide if I want to cut the current fender or put on a newer version. And I would love to get that yellow off my tank.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bobbob1015 said:
you going to float that in the pond? those tires are HUGE

sick looking tread tho..

where do you live that you can put a bike like that on the road?

and is your front tire mounted backwards?

Yes, the tires are huge. Not many selections in the 12" especially for durability. I also have some 3.00x12" but they are tiny compared to these things and the rims I am using made them look silly.

I live in NC. And from what I am hearing from the dmv it is do-able. Even if they have something up their butt on the final say so I will ride it on the street. I will just keep to the country roads.

The SL26 can be used as a front or a rear. Turn it one way for the front and the other for the rear.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
you need to put some trick little TrailTech HID's on the front of that thing

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lumpdog256 said:
you need to put some trick little TrailTech HID's on the front of that thing

I was thinking of putting an Acerbis w/ either a 25w/25w or 35w/35w setup. I like the DHH. That's what I had on my 636 streetfighter and it was actually bright at nite w/ 35/35w. I only have 90w to work with. I plan on using a LED tail/brakelight and signals if I put them up there. That will help cut down on power usage. It just has to pass inspection and be bright enough for me to be seen on the road.

How much power do those TrailTechs suck up?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
thats a good question.... their is a guy in OKC that's a rep for them that knows a ton....I'll try to get some info for you

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kurlon said:
Most HID conversion kits I've seen draw 35w when running, but have a huge start up surge requirement, you'll need a battery.

I was thinking about mounting a small scooter battery on it anyways. It may be do-able. Like I said, toss things out there. I will run everything through my head about 100 times while I am piecing this all together.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Just finishing my motard street 70

I am almost finshed with my conversion mello. Need to get hoses for the oil cooler and some other stuff.

Headlights are dual 25w/25w bulbs installed in an old set of 55w driving lights I had. I cut the holes bigger and set the hi/lo bulbs in and mounted.

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
It's a 2000 XR70R tank. I had to make a plastic piece to apply the tank decals on. I had the decals right on the tank, and I guess the fumes made the decals bubble up like warts.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I'm thinking about trying to license my Pitster if I ever get it done.It's getting head light,tail light,and maybe a brake light.I've heard it's not easy if not impossible to do here though.It seems the Minnesota DMV has some thing against changing frames.I guess the Harley guys have been turned down for licensing after getting an after market frame,like chopper frames etc.My Pitster now has a factory Honda 70 engine on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.