PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a ktm65 front end and i seen these triple clamps to add the front end to my KLX110. Just wondering if anyone has used or has any feedback on the clamps?

·
Registered
363 Posts
HOD954 said:
I just bought a ktm65 front end and i seen these triple clamps to add the front end to my KLX110. Just wondering if anyone has used or has any feedback on the clamps?

If they are these clamps Billet KLX110 Triple Clamp Set for Marzocchi / DNM - Pit Bike Chassis Parts - Front Forks - Billet KLX110 Triple Clamp Set for Marzocchi / DNM - TBolt USA, LLC

Im about to use mine as a paper weight real soon! Ive shimmed the bearings every way possible and they still have play at the top clamp. Did some measuring and found out the stem is 24.55mm and the bearing is 25mm. So this is were my play is coming into effect. Plus the stem needs to be another 1/4 inch longer so the nut has more then 4 threads to tighten on. POS if you ask me!! I went this route to save some money instead of paying 400 for a set of BBR clamps but now im back to getting the BBR clamps for 400 and the 150 for these so actually i screwed my self and will have 550 in clamps. Not sure if the ones i got are just a bad stem or what but im not impressed one bit with them.

Just my two pennies worth!!;-)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.. Hopefully someone else will chime in to see if they have a good set or if its like yours.thx

·
Registered
160 Posts
The only thing I have noticed with them is making sure to use the correct bearings. Then you will not have to use spacers and there will be no play. ALL BALLS bearings work just fine in both of my T-BOLT clamps for GPX forks.

·
Registered
363 Posts
blackzrx said:
The only thing I have noticed with them is making sure to use the correct bearings. Then you will not have to use spacers and there will be no play. ALL BALLS bearings work just fine in both of my T-BOLT clamps for GPX forks.

Im using ALL BALLS bearings and if i used no spacers you cant tighten the bearing down to much or the steering is to tight. With the spacers you can get the bearings set right till you put the top clamp on and get it all back together then there is alittle bit of play when you hold the front brake and push the forks down you can feel the clamps move just slightly. Took the same bearings to a different set of clamps and whala no play. after measuring the stem i know the stem is machined to small. 1/2 a mm is way to much and no matter what you do it will always move just alittle bit unless i have a new stem made.

·
Registered
363 Posts
tblumer said:
Mine have slop too

Any chance you have measured your stem where your top bearing rides?

The slop issue is with the stem being about 1/2 mm small for the top bearing and it lets the front end rock back and forth just slightly but enough to be annoying.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Call T-Bolt and see if they can get you a new one. Vince is a good guy to deal with. If thats where you got the clamps from. I have a buddy makimg me a billet stem and clamps that are gonna be sweet when done. They will work with Zokes and GPX forks for now. He is also going to try to make some for a 65 fork set up as soon as i can get him some measurements to go buy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats what i was going to do .Ask vince at t bolt to measure befor he ships.maybe he can make sure he ships a good set.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think they are actually decent quality for being made in China. Just make sure to replace all the bolts with stainless hardware.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ordered mine today from [email protected]. He says they have now started selling the clamp with the correct bearings for the same price $149.99.

and i should not have a slap issue at all.

·
Registered
363 Posts
HOD954 said:
I ordered mine today from [email protected]. He says they have now started selling the clamp with the correct bearings for the same price $149.99.

and i should not have a slap issue at all.

Good luck, hope they work better for you then mine do. I just ordered mine last week and never heard a thing about them coming with the right bearings. Also watch out when you tighten the top clamp nut. The threads on the stem arnt the best and when the nut is only on 4 threads they strip SUPER easy. I snugged mine down barley and spun the nut on the stem.

·
Vendor
10,561 Posts
we JUST recieved info from Piranha about the All balls bearings YESTERDAY

so going forward were including All Balls bearings with all the Piranha Billet Clamps for KLX

Current customer who ordered Piranha Billet clamps or Kits from T Bolt USA feel free to contact me via email with the name on the order and we are sending out All Balls sets

we also measured a set and the stem is 24.75mm (.25mm clearence was designed in to allow fit)

if you have issue with a product feel free to contact us directly via email with your name and we can try to resolve this

were trying to source good quality product at decent prices for our customer base

we have NOT received this feedback, from our customers but had to find it here in open forum

vince

·
Vendor
10,561 Posts
tblumer said:
I got talked into them by Jack at wholesale, so no slander against you Vince. Maybe someone needs to pass this thread along to them as well. Otherwise I'll be ordering a set from you

I sent this to Jack yesterday when i saw what was up

so we measured the stems at 24.75mm and we were informed of the new policy of sending All Balls bearings to guys with the clamps

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys,

Wholesale Cycle / Piranha is sending out FREE All Balls Racing (A $42 value!) Tapered Stem Bearings to EVERYONE who has ever bought a set of Piranha KLX110 Clamps/ or Piranha Front end kits. You don't need to do anything to receive them. We already have everyones address that ever bought them. So expect them in the mail sometime next week.

It doesnt matter who or where you bought them from.

Thanks

Jack Walchuck

www.wholesale-cycle.com

·
Registered
363 Posts
jack483 said:
Hey guys,

Wholesale Cycle / Piranha is sending out FREE All Balls Racing (A $42 value!) Tapered Stem Bearings to EVERYONE who has ever bought a set of Piranha KLX110 Clamps/ or Piranha Front end kits. You don't need to do anything to receive them. We already have everyones address that ever bought them. So expect them in the mail sometime next week.

It doesnt matter who or where you bought them from.

Thanks

Jack Walchuck

www.wholesale-cycle.com

Are these ALL BALLS bearing the same ones you buy for a KLX stock front end? Im guessing they are since the stem size is pretty much the same. If they are the same then those are the bearings I am already using and have the play issue. But i also seen where Vince said he measured the stem and it was 24.75mm and mine is more like 24.55mm and the bearing is 25mm. Other then the stem issue the clamps are nice quality.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just an FYI!! I did my ktm front end today from zachmotox179 and i bought the trees from T BOLT and NO ISSUE'S AT ALL!! They work just like t bolt said no slap,no nothing,perfect i would refer these to anyone.. Thanks guys

1 - 20 of 21 Posts