PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was changing my 62 jet that came with me bbr pipe back to me stock 58 jet and now when i give it gas quick it tries to die on me. if i get it to high rpms it's ok then, but to make a quick start from idle it tries to die on me. before i changed the jet it was fine. i know that it isn't the jet though because the jet only has to do with the higher rpms. i even put the 62 back in and it still does it anyway. ive messed with the air screw and not got any difference. anyone got an idea what i might have messed up? i had to screw something up in the carb but i have looked it over and over and can't figure it out. please help!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what do you mean? try it with the choke on?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i tried that and nothing was different. thanks for the idea though.....there still must be something wrong in the carb

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
check and see if your carb is dirty, even if it is not clean it out. if it still doesnt work i would say it would have to be the air screw, try messin aroud with that again. and why did u take that other jet out anyways, j/w

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put the 62 in when i got my bbr pipe. i live at about 100 foot elevation. i go to my buddies house all the time and he is at 2800 elevation. with the 62 it was bogging at his house but running good at my house. i wanted to put the stock 58 in cause another friend rides his with an fmf pipe and stock jet at both elevations with no problem. after i took the 62 out and put the 58 in that is when my probs started. i put the 62 back in after all that just to see and the problem was still happening so i know it isn't my jets. i have messed with the air screw for over half an hour and never got the bike to act any different.

i have been reading that a lot of people are having problems with there bbr rev limiter. that wouldn't have anything to do with it could it????

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
If u have the stock air filter consider buying a new aftermarket one.

if u dont ur carb isnt getting enough air ajust the idle and the air screw until u get the right combo. itll take some time but it WILL come to you.

oh yea P.S.; dont forget to warm up your engine before messing with the carb, when i mean warm i mean WARM!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm wishing that i would have kept my stock rev box to check instead of selling it on ebay now!!!

i have a k&n air filter so it should be getting enough air.

·
Registered
25 Posts
set air screw 1 turn open

put needle clip in middle position

put 58 main jet in

should have 35 pilot

this is a starting position, pull all jets out and clean carb before assembling per these instructions. (make sure no water is in carb)

remember to check according to "THROTTLE POSITION"

0-1/4 throttle -- pilot jet

1/4-1/2 needle

1/2 - wfo main jet

must have air filter of some kind on to do these checks

good luck, hope this helps

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MOTOGURU

I was told that there is only a main jet and the air screw works as the pilot jet...is that incorrect?

i just changed my plug and it was actually too rich. the new plug didn't work though. i'm thinking it must be the rev box because this was basically a sudden thing. it ran fine before and now it does the same with both jets.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i just changed my rev limiter from that bbr one to a kitaco one and it is still doing it. i don't know what the hell to do. it just doesn't make any sense!!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have you experimented with different clip positions on the needle? As a previous poster mentioned, start in the middle position and go from there. Sounds like you've tried all the other avenues I would think of.

Maybe some crud in your fuel trap in the petcock or in the carb somewhere :?:

·
Registered
25 Posts
you are correct the pilot is not removable, so it is a fixed jet. check to make sure your o-rings are in place in the intake tract, 1 in front of carb,then heat stop then another o-ring. make sure the two orings are not facing each other.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am assuming you know how to read a spark plug for carb settings. if you plug is black you too rich, if its white or super light brown you about to have probs, if you plug is a golden brown to just brown you in the safe area. I Have to re-jet bikes for altitude, living in colorado.If you have a filter witch i think you said you did. the 62 might be a little over kill. put in the 62 and rip it aroud get some good pases on it the pull you spark plug it will probobly be black. then do the same with the 58 read you plug again see wich one looks better. If is still doing that try swapping in your stock rev box if you still got it. As for the altitude change from you to your friends house. the air is gonna be thinner there so you loading up with the 62 you might have to replace the spark plug to.

I dont know if this helped but that is what i know to do.

·
Registered
300 Posts
chevycowboy said:
i was changing my 62 jet that came with me bbr pipe back to me stock 58 jet and now when i give it gas quick it tries to die on me. if i get it to high rpms it's ok then, but to make a quick start from idle it tries to die on me. before i changed the jet it was fine. i know that it isn't the jet though because the jet only has to do with the higher rpms. i even put the 62 back in and it still does it anyway. ive messed with the air screw and not got any difference. anyone got an idea what i might have messed up? i had to screw something up in the carb but i have looked it over and over and can't figure it out. please help!!!!!!!!

Have you tried lowering the clip postion on the needle?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
docholiday- yeah my plug was pretty black with they 62 jet in it so i put a 60 in it. i'm hopeing that will work for both elevations, but if you have to change yours maybe it won't the 62 was definitly too black though. i am more concerned at this point in time why when i try to give my bike gas real fast it wants to put out on me. if i just roll the throttle on then it is fine.

bucknutty69- i haven't messed with the clip at all. it worked fine on the 58 and 62 before so i didn't figure that had anything to do with it. maybe that will help me though

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.