PlanetMinis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what is the deal with the next generation bikes? I am going to build a china bike this year and wondering what the Medina Gen4 will offer?

·
Registered
631 Posts
i thought information was going to be released in april? I want to know to because I want one this summer and I want to know what I need to save and what Im looking forward to

·
Registered
328 Posts
Fair enough...

Gen. #4 motors come with all electronics, 28mm OKO carb and the new Zonger motor with internal oil filter/clutch cover and kitaco-style kick-starter with twin oil coolers & billet shifter.

Gen #4 minis have CRF 70 plastic and every possible option/upgrade is done... wheels, levers, throttle, pegs, brakes... I mean there is not one part left to modify from the China side of the equation. I will provide some pictures and more details soon.

The motor package will be sub $499 with 28mm OKO carb.... and the roller will be $1149 my best guess (+ or - $49. depending on logistics).

These are just estimations at this point as we have dramatically changed how we do things operationally going forward.

However, I will not take deposits or apply a date to these roller and motor kits until we have completed our re-structuring process.

Hope that helps,

bob

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
ditto on the pics, just the motor though, im building a c70 for the streets and a engine like this seems very tempting instead of a lifan 150 right now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
From the little birdies chirping in my ear, I hear it'll just be another bucket of chinese bolts with that cheap china shine. I say hopefully they can get it out before its time to start building a Gen.5 version of the hunka junk :rolleyes:

·
Registered
96 Posts
None of them are from the us. china,hongkong,japan,itly,france where ever, we cut, weld, fab, polish, I make what i have mine and by the time i get finished with a build its nothing factory or stock about it. so lets line em up at the track and see witch bikes are better my bucket of bolts or your bucket of bolts.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Well I would say that the lil birdie in your ear can't be trusted judging by the false and slanderous info you obtained from him.

Plain and simple, each generation From Medina gets better and better. That has already been proven. We made some key changes to the frame and general package for Gen 4 and the product will have excellent value as always from Medina. Anyone that would like to eat their own words can come and ride a Medinamini right here in Vegas and see for yourself what you get for the money.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
bo woods said:
None of them are from the us. china,hongkong,japan,itly,france where ever, we cut, weld, fab, polish, I make what i have mine and by the time i get finished with a build its nothing factory or stock about it. so lets line em up at the track and see witch bikes are better my bucket of bolts or your bucket of bolts.

On a seperate note : My new frame design is made right here In Vegas from quality certified U.S. and German materials. I will hopefully have a prototype ready to unveil at the MMSX but that is not determined yet. Testing continues and the end product will be ready for production soon.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
LasVegasStreetterror said:
On a seperate note : My new frame design is made right here In Vegas from quality certified U.S. and German materials. I will hopefully have a prototype ready to unveil at the MMSX but that is not determined yet. Testing continues and the end product will be ready for production soon.

Good luck man..I hope ya the best...need more folks that will step up and make an American made (assembled, designed and grown on American soil with no out sourcing to other countries....i.e. China) I have an American made frame and love it too bad they are not made anymore........ what motor will you use or you just doing a frame and let the customer decide on what lump powers it???

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Not sure if Gen 4 will be here in time. But no doubt a few privateer Medina riders will be here. I have still yet to get my ACL fixed so I doubt I will racing anything. I hope to at least display my frame setup in raw form to expose the real construction and quality of it's design.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
LasVegasStreetterror said:
On a seperate note : My new frame design is made right here In Vegas from quality certified U.S. and German materials. ..

ooh..easy on that note:rolleyes:..out of curiosity :what exactly do you use from germany??

·
Registered
328 Posts
After dealing with the VINCO delays (a few years ago) remember all those FA-22 dates we missed? ...I will no longer rush any 12" project. It takes as long as it takes... to finish a quality controlled 12" worthy of our PM members.

Gen #4 and the Vegas-Chris frame will show up when they are ready. The important thing is that Chris's toughest critic is in his mirror. For me, I am just fixing logistical & supply-chain issues.

Now,.... we do everything in house... I believe Chris has similar standards for his fabrication duties.

What will be painfully clear is that these 2 bikes are built with tremendous value to the customer in mind :fing02:. We are not just buying a bike in china for $999 and selling it for $2199+. I do not believe the US customer will permit these types of triple digit margins in the future.

Lastly, I think we have the perfect 12" mini (with the new Zonger) for $1599 COMPLETE...

Yes, when it is ready you will know more.

For the American Linkage or... 'Vegas-Chris 12-E' frame kit... (for lack of a better name) Please talk to Chris directly for specs..

bob

1 - 20 of 147 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.