PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a set of Street Tires for my ct70. Right know I have Shinko Trailwing tires. They say "Not for High Use" on side so They are not DOT approved I guess and wouldnt pass an inspection.

From what I gather with 10x 2.75 inch wide rims I would want something like 110/80- 10
I would like to have something more street but has tread that can handle a dirt road ok. If I cant find anything for both street and some dirt I would probably buy K61 Heidenaus they are dot approved and come in alot of sizes.

Also the tires have to be tube for our bikes correct?

I also like the Michelin Reggae but it doesnt come in a 110/80-10
so any tires you guys would recommend? I just want DOT approved so I can pass inspection.

http://dratv.com/350x10.html
price is right on these but not sure if they are dot approved
Thanks!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have been running a set of 120/90-10 reggae tires for about a year now and love them, decent dirt traction and great on the blacktop.

For the record I ride about a 50/50 mix of dirt and blacktop.

They are much larger than stock so consider a 37 for the rear to keep the ride-ability about the same.

I eventually switched to alloy rims and put the 35 back on and now I can hit around 55mph on a down hill and about 50mph on flat ground with a stock motor and a couple bolt on goodies.

The reggae's are a tight fit but they do fit and wear has also been very acceptable.

IMG_0162.JPG IMG_0298.JPG IMG_0246.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does adjustment on the chain have to be all the way back for those to fit? I have stock suspension would that interfere with fitment at all?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This must be a good brand I see alot of people run them or recommend it.
I have a feeling I am going to end up with the k61's. in 110/80-10

Next thing is gearing right now I have a 15t front and 38t Rear and running a 4speed manual LIfan 125 with 3.5 x 10 tires. Should I adjust?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts