PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post on this forum but ive been browsing it for a couple of months now, and let me say that im impressed with how many people help each other out. And thats a great thing. I see that everyone is talking about the Trailbikes kit so I have a question.

I had installed my trailbikes 88cc kit with race head and carb kit, and when I was done I started it up and there was a ticking comming from the top end, so I was like....ok, ill break it in and check the valves and see if they need adjusting. So I broke it in and the ticking went away a little bit like I expected but still not all the way. I checked the valves and obviously they needed adjusting so I did that and went for a ride. The ticking was still the same. So I checked the timing and the timing is right on the money. So I thought maybe the piston is hitting the spark plugg, so i threw a quick washer on the plugg and torqued it down and it was the same. I did install a new high volume oil pump, could that be hitting the clutch? Im not shure what it could be, but I read a couple of posts from other boards and they seem to have some ticking also, but then some people dont. The ticking is not a loud ticking but its there, loudest under idle.

But other than that the kit rips, when installing everything it started in 4 kicks and that wasent even with a primed carburetor. And I live in MA and I diddent have to make any adjustments to the carburator besides the idle screw :D . As of right now im impressed with this kits power, I can wheelie in all 3 gears without even having to pull up 8) . But yea if you have an input it would be greatly appretiated.

·
Registered
397 Posts
my noise was preignition (pinging)I ran ultimate four in it and it went away .Ya might try that or check your cam chain also if you put in a cam the lobes are a lot bigger so tha might be the source of your noise.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Mine used to tick when I was running the stock head but since I put the TB race head on it has stoped. It always ran fine but I dont know what it was. Did you upgrade your timing chain when you put the bore in, because if not then it wont be long before it has stretched like crazy.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
TICKING NOISES IN THE HEAD

HEY I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM BUT IT WAS NORMAL U SHOUILD HAVE A LITTLE BIT OF TICKING FROMT THE SAM SHAFT ROCKER ARMS I THINK THATS WHAT THEY ARE CALLED AT LEAST. BUT ALLS WHAT I DID WAS SNUG THEM UP SLIGHTLY AND THAT WAS FINE HAVENT HAD A PROBLEM SINCE. 8O

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.