PlanetMinis Forums banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
What are the details here? I wanted to do a disc conversion on my Baja.
I found this kepspeed fork leg conversion kit DX INNER LEGS DISC WITH BRAKE CALLIPER BS0257 | Munky Bike &

Then a disc hub is needed ( I payed less elsewhere but same hub ) MUNK FRONT DISC HUB BS0062 | Munky Bike & DX Parts | Wheels,

And then used this disc OORacing - performance monkey bike, pit bike, madass, zoomer, dirt bike components

And then lastly lathed my own wheel spacers.

Got the baja decals and fitted them, I preferred the simplicity of just black and white but they are growing on me.

Also flipped the tyre back round the right way.

Found a "crf250" front master cylinder, needed a small hole drilled for the rear brake light switch but goes nicely with the clutch lever.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I appreciate the detailed response! The fork legs conversion is what I'd be looking to do in order to maintain my Baja fork leg guards. Any interest in turn out any more wheel spacers? I'm interested if you are.

You should have done some custom black/white Baja decals. There are plenty of motocross decal companies that could have hooked you up!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I appreciate the detailed response! The fork legs conversion is what I'd be looking to do in order to maintain my Baja fork leg guards. Any interest in turn out any more wheel spacers? I'm interested if you are.

You should have done some custom black/white Baja decals. There are plenty of motocross decal companies that could have hooked you up!
No problem!

I think the fork guards would still work fine with these legs, I could definitely make more spacers but I only get the odd chance to use my friends lathe, also not sure if it would be worth the wait from here in the uk.

I was very tempted to order a custom black/white set but the bikes documents states it's red and it's a bit of a hassle changing the paper work to another colour, maybe in the future though I think it would look really good!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
It looks really sweet with the Baja decals! Bike came together nicely man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Oh baby!! Good eyes! Soooo, that is what that extra lever is on the left side controls. I thought it might have been a decomp. Nope! Adjustable exhaust baffle. Nice

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
This setup caught my eye, can you elaborate a little more about it?

View attachment 273633
It looks really sweet with the Baja decals! Bike came together nicely man!

Thank you bud!

Oh baby!! Good eyes! Soooo, that is what that extra lever is on the left side controls. I thought it might have been a decomp. Nope! Adjustable exhaust baffle. Nice

Very good eyes! That's exactly it, just a spring loaded butterfly valve

No way! I was just looking at those the other day. Good catch Tim, that's the ole cut out for maximum noise!
I try and be kind to my neighbours but when there's a time and a place to make some noise it's nice to be able too!

Also noticeably increases torque at low rpm when valve is closed, not a big deal but makes pulling away/in traffic a bit better and then open it up for higher speeds

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Picked up a cheap pwk 30 clone to try out, despite hearing bad things I couldn't resist at £20 a pop and already had a few jets left from my previous genuine 28mm which fit but they are a little large, currently 115 main and a 39 pilot but both need to be a little smaller as it's running a touch rich but doesn't seem to bad through the rev range so far, no bogging or flat spots, also quickly matched the intake through

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I've shoe horned a 170 into my Cub and I felt that was a bit silly... heck, my 108 stroker is about to go in my Baja and I'm worried about it. You're a mad man. How are you geared and what speeds are you seeing?

Might be time for me to finally move on that disc brake conversion...

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Yeah, with a motor that large, and the potential speeds one may hit, stability, handling, braking will be paramount!!

I STRONGLY recommend looking into some decent suspension. Proper dampened rear shocks are easy to find, cheap, and must. The fronts are a little trickier as you already have the disks. I wanted to keep the stock look on my street Z so I sprung (pun intended) for a set of Daytona inner forks. They are dampened and fit inside the stock forks. Really wonderful bit of kit and make riding at speeds above 50mph...wow, I almost said safe...much more manageable.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts