PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked this neat little classic up tonite, a complete 71 SL70, gotta love craigslist :) Here is a couple pics, the side covers are off, but they are nice, just some fading and its got a little surface rust, but in all I got real lucky to find one this complete to start. Will be looking for advice on a build, this thing can actualy be registered here in cali pretty easy from what I am told. Sure is a cool little bike - hopefully this will be the last addition to our collection lol Ok maybe a red CT70 :D If the other SL70 gurus have some parts you wanna sell PM me.

At some point I plan to restore it back to spec, will take a little time to collect all the bushings, cosmetics, ebay finds and the like, the last bike I restored (82 Husky XE500) I had good luck using PPG imron polyurethane paint, sprayed myself. If anyone knows paint codes that match OE close, enlighten me... Should be a fun build, till I get all the parts I might try to get the stock motor running, but I notice it wont go into neutral and has rust on the plug, may find some critters in the box lol But the tank is pristine bare metal no rust at all for a change. Seems like a good base for a cherry bike with a little work and $$. Is it me or has anyone noticed how close the Honda red is to Porsche 'guards' red?? My car is very close to the unfaded parts of the body work Hmmm

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dirt, ummm not quite, let's just say it is still street legal though.. barely Good eye btw it's a 63 post. It's my "mini" pavement pounder. ;)

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
all i can say is if i had an sl70 i'd be cramming a firepower special in it along the lines of a 184 or 192, BRAAAPP. btw it sure is looking clean.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Paint looks pretty much spot on.

I was looking and looking for a good SL to restore and somehow I've ended up with 5 of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts