PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so klx110 155 stroker. Stock head, stock carb and stock air box. Jetted 100 main. And 40 pilot. Shimmed needle. The bike runs ok. To start I have to hold it full throttle or it won't start. And I have to keep the rpms up or it seems to load up and will bog and die. But if I hold it wide open it doesn't seems like it revs out like it used to before the stroker kit. Should I go down on the main jet?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well i just went out to the garage and took the airbox off and fired it up. started with no need to go full throttle. and it revved out alot more but still not as much as it was when stock. so it seems the airbox is a big restriction. i honestly thought it wasnt going to be at all. looks like its time for a pod filter and some fine tuning with carb

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
well i just went out to the garage and took the airbox off and fired it up. started with no need to go full throttle. and it revved out alot more but still not as much as it was when stock. so it seems the airbox is a big restriction. i honestly thought it wasnt going to be at all. looks like its time for a pod filter and some fine tuning with carb
It sounds links he is running a stock Carb. Get a pod or a bbr uflow. And if you have a stock Carb get a vm26 it will save you a huge headache and will give you more power

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes stock carb. I know I should be running a bigger carb. I'm going to keep the stock carb for now. I mean right now even with the stick air box it runs really good. I raced it how it is and it felt fine. I'm just working on suspension for it now. Just put on kx60 forks and I'm going to possibly get a x4 swingarm on there this winter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.