PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright...this is in it's final configuration other than 2 things:

1. The speedo mechanism is backward, so it is making my odometer run down instead of up and speedo doesn't work

2. Going to get a cafe seat.

Have a look at it with the front end buttoned up. I rode it today for about 5 miles and it is wonderful. That suspension is plush.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
That bike is awesome. And I love any motor with a transmission mounted clutch. And at the risk of sounding dumb, what's a cafe seat? I also noticed that there is a pinch bolt missing from your forks. Letting you know just in case you didn't.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
arlindsay1992 said:
And at the risk of sounding dumb, what's a cafe seat? I also noticed that there is a pinch bolt missing from your forks. Letting you know just in case you didn't.
attention to detail. good catch. looking forward to seeing what you can do when you have more money to burn.

jarred that thing is looking good. i'm tempted to ask you to build a motor for me. i take it those bars didn't fit the bill?

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
supernes550 said:
attention to detail. good catch. looking forward to seeing what you can do when you have more money to burn.

jarred that thing is looking good. i'm tempted to ask you to build a motor for me. i take it those bars didn't fit the bill?

I may still need those bars for the CT70 build, but I am waiting until I receive a set of Chromoly BMX ones from a friend of mine. If they don't work, I'll be hitting you up for your bars.

As for more money to burn...well, I am pretty much done with building bikes. I am going to finish up my S65 and new CT70 and call it a day. Over time, I may do some upgrades to my CT70, but I won't be building anymore from scratch. I'll still do motors.

If you want a motor, I can do one, but it's going to have to be later in the year after I finish up my kitchen. I'll have some availability in August or so.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SprNtrl said:
Looks very nice. A cafe seat will look good on it. Are you sill using stock rear suspension? If so, are you going to upgrade?

I will update the shocks at some point. I have new set here that match well, but are not really much of an upgrade. The ones on here are not stock, but work well enough. I don't want to put on fancy shocks because it won't go with the look of the bike.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
fatcaaat said:
I will update the shocks at some point. I have new set here that match well, but are not really much of an upgrade. The ones on here are not stock, but work well enough. I don't want to put on fancy shocks because it won't go with the look of the bike.
Yea, totally understand. Daytona (re-badged Showas) has a nice pair of gas shocks in gunmetal grey and chrome. Though, they only come in 285mm and 335mm flavours, but are reasonable priced IMO at $165 USD per pair. 5 clicks of adjustment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.