PlanetMinis Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I rode one Friday and I don't know what to think about it haha I just rode it in a parking lot at my work but it looks really good :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. The local dealer called yesterday to tell me they have arrived in Australia. Will check them out on Saturday. Looking to purchase one for my daughter who is a beginner. My son has the CRF110 and I wanted the matching look. :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Meh... I'm not liking it. Roller bearings for the cam and a few more CCs are good. However, 4 speed transmission, unnecessary e-start, added weight combined with anticipation of Honda dropping the CRF100F doesn't make me happy. Didn't they also slightly reduce the fuel capacity too? Why not incorporate a BBR type 120cc upgrade, keep kick start only, upgrade to roller bearings, and perhaps give a 6 speed transmission on the original 100? A CRF120 with a full frame would make more sense to me as an added model than this CRF125.

The plated CRF100 that I ride for most of my local travel was looking for a new edition of the same thing in a few years. I guess it will be a 120 kit, some mods, and an overall re-fit that will get the funds instead. :( From my perspective as an everyday rider, Honda made a few steps backwards.

·
Registered
261 Posts
honda doesn't really care about the adults that ride their little bikes, electric start sells bikes to kids, parents and anyone who can't or won't kick start a bike. i think the 4 speed is a good idea, what do you use first for on a stock ttr125 or drz125? on flat ground, nothing you can just click up to second so you don't have to shift 5 feet from where you launched from. they are just a 4 speed with a granny gear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
honda doesn't really care about the adults that ride their little bikes, electric start sells bikes to kids, parents and anyone who can't or won't kick start a bike. i think the 4 speed is a good idea, what do you use first for on a stock ttr125 or drz125? on flat ground, nothing you can just click up to second so you don't have to shift 5 feet from where you launched from. they are just a 4 speed with a granny gear.
My 11 yo daughter has had hers for around a month now and there is no way she could kick start it due to the compression. She thinks the electric start is great of course, however, the battery went flat from little use and I could still kick start it for her which was great. She can't use the clutch yet either but she is still enjoying riding with her brother on his 110. You are right about first gear, when I take it for a spin you can't use it once you get going.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts