PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Vendor
10,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[h=1]FIRST LOOK! THE ALL-NEW 2014 HONDA CRF125[/h]Honda adds two new entry-level models to their 2014 offroad lineup

The CRF125F replaces the CRF80F and shares the same seat height of 28.9 inches, while the CRF125F Big Wheel replaces the CRF100F and offers the same 30.9-inch seat height.

The 2014 CRF125F, in both mini and big wheel models, will enter the Honda lineup to replace the CRF100F. The CRF125F not only features a larger engine capacity, but its air-cooled four-speed engine has been tuned specifically to give plenty of novice-friendly bottom-end torque. The addition of electric start also makes life easier for young riders.

The 125cc SOHC engine is tuned for strong bottom-end torque that builds in a linear fashion through the midrange up to the top end.

The four-speed gearbox is well matched to the CRF125F/FB's broad power spread, while the new electric starter adds convenience over the kick-start only CRF80F and CRF100F models.

The two CRF125F models offer unique wheel sizes that allow them to replace the CRF80F and CRF100F. With a seat height of 28.9 inches, the small-wheel CRF125F seat is the same height as the CRF80F it replaces, while the CRF125F Big Wheel features the same seat height—30.9 inches—as the CRF100F it replaces. This seat-height option allows riders to pick the CRF125F that fits best them.

The front forks have 31mm legs, while the new hydraulic front disc brake has a 220mm rotor.

The rear drum brake has 95mm diameter.

The CRF125F features an all-new, electric-start, 125cc, single-cylinder, OHC four-stroke engine tuned for low-end grunt plus plenty of pull throughout the powerband, the CRF125Fs also feature a four-speed gearbox. Add a new rolling chassis with upgraded suspension components front and rear plus styling just like Honda's CRF motocross bikes, and you have a great addition to Honda's off-road line of family machines with a bike for all riders—young to old, beginner to expert. Suggested retail pricing is $2799 (CRF125F) and $3199 (CRF125F Big Wheel). They will be in the dealerships in September.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I would like to see a honda 110L with a couple more inches suspension travel and a clutch. I agree, a few years behind on this one but a good replacement for 80 & 100. Looks a lot cooler than my wifes 2002 xr80 too.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sounds cool but a 4 speed??? I love slamming all five gears of my 01 100 and most of the time I'm power shifting by only letting off like 1/4 throttle (I can easily keep up with 125 four strokes doing so) lol

if only gas was cheaper :D

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Looks pretty cool! That motor will find it's way into my NSF100 most likely. Hope they did a roller cam this time though. If I were in the market for a bike that size-- I'd grab a KLX140 over this bike . --L*64

·
Registered
956 Posts
Dumb move, going to a 4 speed box from the great 5 speed they have used for decades. So, added weight with a battery and starter, and went backwards to a 4 speed box. Eh, two moves forward with the front disk and bumped it to a 125, two moves backwards with the electric starter it did not need, and the worst one, lost a gear.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I don't see where they were going with this bike. Thay already make the 150F. They may sell some of these bikes, but I'd have preferred the five speed tranny, and ditch the Estart. --L*64

·
Registered
112 Posts
Dumb move, going to a 4 speed box from the great 5 speed they have used for decades. So, added weight with a battery and starter, and went backwards to a 4 speed box. Eh, two moves forward with the front disk and bumped it to a 125, two moves backwards with the electric starter it did not need, and the worst one, lost a gear.
U said it..................

if only gas was cheaper :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Beautiful plastic work making it look like their race bikes but the rest of the bike is already 10+ years old. I'm really surprised none of the japs or KTM have released a production play bike with real motocross forks, rear shock, powerful disc brakes, etc., but with a ~15 horsepower air cooled engine. There is a market for it and it would actually make a great beginner bike as well.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Why not 6 speeds anymore, I'm always trying to shift up in that gear that doesn't exist, some of us have to ride the roads to get to the trails im pretty sure my xr80 had 5 gears
my dr650 needs 6 gears
why don't they put 5 speed gear boxes in the minis?
also prices on new bikes are getting rediculous

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is there any engine specs listed yet? I hope they gave the head a major update over the 80/100 head
I'm not impressed
Engine Type124.9cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore And Stroke52.4mm x 57.9mm
Compression Ratio9.0:1
Valve TrainSOHC; two-valve
Induction20mm piston-valve carburetor
IgnitionDC-CDI

[h=4]DRIVE TRAIN[/h]
TransmissionFour-speed
Final Drive13T/49T

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I'm not impressed
Engine Type124.9cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore And Stroke52.4mm x 57.9mm
Compression Ratio9.0:1
Valve TrainSOHC; two-valve
Induction20mm piston-valve carburetor
IgnitionDC-CDI

[h=4]DRIVE TRAIN[/h]
TransmissionFour-speed
Final Drive13T/49T
Do you know if they change cam design and went with a bearing cam hopefully roller rockered?

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Hey Norman-- does this motor look like the cases would have the same bolt pattern of the XR100? If they did do a roller cam, I'd likely want to bolt one of these into my NSF100. I think they did the 4 speed b/c of either the Estart, or to make the gears bigger for durability. The XR80/100 tranny gears may go in there somehow. --L*64

·
Registered
823 Posts
Good news:

The parts fiche is online, looks like the cam is sporting roller bearings - no part number assigned as yet. The intake and exhaust valves are shared pieces from the CRF110.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Hey Norman-- does this motor look like the cases would have the same bolt pattern of the XR100? If they did do a roller cam, I'd likely want to bolt one of these into my NSF100. I think they did the 4 speed b/c of either the Estart, or to make the gears bigger for durability. The XR80/100 tranny gears may go in there somehow. --L*64
With the E start in front of crank im going to guess it wont be a plug and play deal :-(. but you never know we may get lucky ha ha. If they did a bearing cam and roller rockers it may have some decent potential. Also hoping my thoughts on y they did the 4 speed trans is right, that they did it to beef trans gears. The 75/80/100 kicker gears crumble with any heavy modding 1st gear usually catches a good ass whooping as well

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Good news:

The parts fiche is online, looks like the cam is sporting roller bearings - no part number assigned as yet. The intake and exhaust valves are shared pieces from the CRF110.
When you say "The intake and exhaust valves are shared pieces from the CRF110" do you mean same exactly valves? I sure hope not.....that will be really disappointing news! But then again with a bore of 52.4 that sounds about right

1 - 20 of 33 Posts