PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleaning my carb on the weekend I discovered dirt/dust on the inside of my air filter and on the choke plate. It's been quite dry down here in the south and our red dirt turns into a very fine dust after several weeks with no rain.

Right now, I have a K&N style air filter that I got from dr.atv.

AIR FILTER STRAIGHT TAPERED 35mm (300019)

Any recommendations for something that will actually function?

tia

sani

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I live in the desert so I know dust! I stay away from the "K & N" style filters on anything I put in the dirt. Streets okay. A good 2 stage foam filter is best. I like the UNI setup myself.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, i've never oiled it, that could be the problem. also, thinking about it some more, it'possible that the dirt got pushed through when i was hosing the bike down after a ride....

but i'll check out the uni's. thnx.

sani

·
Registered
153 Posts
check where you air cleaner clamps to the neck of the intake, too. even though it seems like a tight fit, fine dust can make its way under there also. when you mount the air cleaner on the intake, take a fine bead of lithium grease or petroleum and go around the perimeter with your finger to make sure its sealed. never beleived that one either till i saw how effective it is in super dry environments. a very small amount though. like you are running caulk around that edge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.