PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody has ran the takagewa valve springs with a kitaco touring cam on a stock head(ported). I have had a tic coming from the head ever since I built the motor, I set the valve lash right, and the thing runs great and revs too the moon. So does anybody else have this setup, or the tic? I figured maybe its just noisier cause the springs are so damn stiff.

·
Registered
46 Posts
After market valve springs

WE do not let a head leave here without the heavy duty valve springs. Is it a ticking noise or is it just noise comeing from the head. With a race cam and valve springs you will here noise in the head. It's common. If you need any more help contact Brian at (570)992-4561. He'll be happy to help you resolve the problem if there is one.

Regards,

Jim

www.precision-racing-components.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I figured it was normal, just cause the springs where so stiff, and i'm sure somthing would have gone wrong in the hundreds of hours ive put on it, if it was a major problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.