PlanetMinis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
is it right in there near where ud but in the 4th gear?

i hear its best to do both same time..

also what are all the parts ill need? what gaskets? seals? and any other things?

thank you

· Registered
15 Posts
I am tearing down my motor that has had the cases split, but I don't really no the history on the motor. How can I determine if the motor has the stock output shaft or an aftermarket. Casting numbers are shaft measerement sizes? My motor Is an 06,

· Registered
6 Posts
i think i broke my output shaft. When I try to start it, the kickstart lever slips to the bottom of the stroke. I took the clutch cover off and I can see the end of the out put shaft. it spins freely and slides in and out about a half inch... the kick start gear seems fine, the clutch seems fine. I know I will need seals and gaskets but I can buy a gasket set for $30.

How hard is it to change the output shaft?

Anyone know a site that sells good ones for cheap?

· Registered
166 Posts
Here's a ksr I've had to work on recently. Fitted with a 143cc kitaco kit. The kickstart started to slip badly,then just stopped engaging altogether .
Upon strip down the famous pre2007 broken output shaft and damaged low ratio gear bush were found.
Now rebuilt and running well

· Registered
55 Posts
I bought a used 2010 110 and the guy installed a T-Bolt clutch system. The whole clutch case was replaced so you think the output shaft was replaced?
Sorry to ask, but what exactly is a output shaft and why do the stockers tend to break.

· Registered
2,780 Posts
Theres a hole to let oil by in old output shafts that would break under pressure from kickstarting. The only way to replace it is to split the middle cases (not the clutch cover). But it was updated on 08 and newer bikes to the hd one so you are all good, you already have a good one.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.