PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any difference between aftermarket frames ? I am considering a Sik50s frame, they sell them powder coated black for $350.00 I would like to buy one and install it this week, any ideas ?

·
Registered
217 Posts
3 motor mount bolts? did I get ripped off on my bike or something?! 8)

I took my 50 down to the frame yesterday just for fun, and i had it down to the frame and back togethor in 2 hours. Doesn't take too long.

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
lol

haha i was thinkin i got ripped off too.

yeah, to correct his post....its 2 motor bolts and all the other goodies he said........it is the easiest thing to do. it may seem like its hard but its actually very very easy to do.....if you have any skill with your hands it shouldnt take you more than 20 minutes to strip it down to bare frame and swingarm. its puttin it back together that might take a lil longer.

and about that frame.

lahaye racing has them. i forgot the name of the frame maker.......almost all frames are made by them.....just drawin a total blank on the company name...a lil help here guys?? but very easy to get a hold of.

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
YEAH!! there we go...thanks

dont you hate it when you know the name of smething or someone but you cant think of it for the life of you.....jeez that was gonna piss me off if i couldnt remember or if no one knew.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
ive heard of the +1" or whatever extension of the frame, spread out throughout it, some in the toptube, some in the swingarm mount, to keep the stress away from the extension. any truth to that? i dont know the brand.

the thing about the removeable subframe, why? its not like your going to tear up subframes right and left. and do they even sell replacements? :lol:

G

·
When Bryce said 3 motor mount mount bolts he was talking about the two that hold the motor on and the one that holds the ground wire on. Right Bryce :wink: ? If you look he says 3 motor bolts, wiring harness, ground wire, etc.. He didn't say ground wire bolt, therefore making the third bolt the ground wire bolt :lol: . HAHAHA. Don't take offence to this. Just looking out for the little guy :p . LOL.

·
Registered
461 Posts
nice avatar bryce lmao

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.