PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying a new frame, but what are the goods and bads. I see just about everybody sells a bare finished cromoly frame for between $350.00-400 and some aluminum ones for like $700.00 +. The Aluminum ones are out of my price range, so what do you guys think :?:

·
Registered
989 Posts
I bought one of those cromo frames that are just like the sik50's ones. Pretty nice but take getting used to. My bike feels so long now, and the frame is heavier then stock, yet feels indestructable. At first I got the sik50's aluminum swingarm then this frame, at first it feels like you're riding one of those hill climbing bikes but then you get used to it, haha. Heres a pic of my bike with the frame.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Get a chain roller on that Hizy!

Nice bike though.

You're running you forks level in the triple clamps??? I have mine almost 3/4" past the top and I have a Sano swingarm. Isn't it too high in the front for you right now?

·
Registered
167 Posts
fiddycent said:
Get a chain roller on that Hizy!

Nice bike though.

You're running you forks level in the triple clamps??? I have mine almost 3/4" past the top and I have a Sano swingarm. Isn't it too high in the front for you right now?

The Sik50's Swingam has different geometry compared to the Sano. it actually sits the bike higher in the rear by about 1" or 1-1/2"s so your bike doesn't look like a chopper when running longer forks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just ordered a set of PRC frame braces to get me by. I'll buy the new frame in a few weeks, but I don't want to trash the frame @ Elsinore. I was also talking to them about there lightened flywheels and they sound bad ass.

Oops, I forgot to ask do PM members get a discount there ? :?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Yea I paid for it to be powder coated like that and it is a sik50 frame. Also, I do have a chain roller waiting to be installed, but I can't find my drill haha. I used to have my forks up in the clamps also but after I got this swingarm it evened out, and when i sit on the bike its level because the forks are kinda plush at first. So far only engine mods are 88 kit, 20mm carb, kitaco rev box, and hd clutch kit. Yea my chain got pretty loose also, I beat my bike to crap last week, testing the new frame :lol: .

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know, you bike sounds sooooo much meaner than mine. I'm just to cheap to buy the inner rotor kit. Logikal you can make it real easy and just give me that frame in your garage. Just kidding,are you riding at Elsinore ? Are you giving out any lessons for the old fat guys.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
LOL. Im always full of exscuses, but I wish this one was just an exscuse. He said riding a motorcycle is about the worst thing I can do and if I rupture my spleen I could have a problem. Im not supposed to do any physical activities for 6 weeks :?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How in the hell did you mess up you spleen ? I have hurt some crazy stuff before, but you spleen. Oh and I take back my offer of you riding my bike, I don't want your Mom and Dad looking for me if you case a jump and break your spleen into a hundred pieces.

And you know you are getting a new bike and that frame in you garage will just going to waste. Don't you wan't it to go to a good home, where it will be loved. :roll:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I didnt really mess up my spleen, its just swollen from this mono.

The frame, my project, staying in my garage. :D

Sik50 frame/swingarm with LE ishock

Soon to have Stavron forks

and Im not sure what motor.

Mine. All mine. not yours. :evil: :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.