PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody had experience with a budget CRF50 shock that won't break under normal jumping? When I say budget I mean no Ishocks/works/fox/elka.

That leaves...?

Brand X Minis

Pro Wheel

Fast Ace maybe

DNM

It doesn't have to perform spectacularly... just looking for a shock that wont snap in half.

This is going on a customers Pitster XJR SS. If it was mine I would just throw an I-shock on it and call it a day, but money is an issue and anything much over 100 is out of the question...

·
Registered
582 Posts
The pro-wheel is not bad. Well made and good quality, just not much adjustability. Maybe a little to springy too but not bad for $120 or so. I have a New one that I may be interested in selling also if you might be interested.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
ride1mc2day said:
The pro-wheel is not bad. Well made and good quality, just not much adjustability. Maybe a little to springy too but not bad for $120 or so. I have a New one that I may be interested in selling also if you might be interested.

I have a TTR50 and i just threw a Fast ace AK22 on there 270mm shock and i like it alot, i have only done small jumps with it like 10+ footers just to go mellow on it for a while and it seems to work well, it even has preload rings so you can adjust it, and what i find wierd is fast ace and I shock (non piggy back shocks) use the same 6061T aluminum hard anodized shock body so.....? idk i like mine alot i am gonna try it on the track this week so..... i will know if it holds hahahah :) i really like the feeling of it nice and smooth flow through the stroke.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
thorwarrior915 said:
where did you buy the fast ace... and how much did you pay for it?

infact i might be going to the track this evening so if i do i will give you a report, but i got mine from PCC motorsports.com, cause i was in the same boat, i wanted a cheaper rear shock cause 50's are just a hobby for my my racing 250F is where i like to put most of my money ya know. anyways i picked up the shock shipped to my door for i think it was $75.56 cause there was no way in heck i was gonna go drop like $200-$300 on my 50 for a fox float.:D But like i said might be riding this evening so i will give you a report on how it handled for me cause i am 16y/o 6'2 and 166pounds without gear on.:)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Let me know how that works out. Is it longer then stock? Because I like the raised look of 50s with iShocks on them but haven't been able to locate a chaper replacement

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
rightpantleg said:
Looks sweet! How'd it hold up?

idk hahahaha havent gotten to test the whole bike all setup like it is now on a real track yet:D but thx tho!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Do you by chance know the eye to eye? I've been looking into fastace but haven't heard a whole lot of really positive things though

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
rightpantleg said:
Do you by chance know the eye to eye? I've been looking into fastace but haven't heard a whole lot of really positive things though

the one i got was 10.5in eye to eye (270mm) anyways i got back from the track got about an hour in on my 50 for the first time, only becuase i ran outa gas hahahahah i am an idiot hahaha:p anyways shock worked great! now this is my oppinion ok i really enjoyed it, i went over alot of acceleration bumps and it felt sweet in the rear, my 2 bros full fork kit was a little stiff but everything is brand new so i am sure it will break in! but anyways shock TO ME is definatley worth the money i spent because for basically $80 you cant expect superb quality ya know but i am very plzed!, i only got an hour on it of some pretty good use, but i look forward to really testing this shock's ability and durability!:D i only was hitting 10-15 foots and it felt really smooth not pogo stick like AT ALL! remember if you guys are use to having marzocchi forks and stuff you may have a different oppinion, but i like mine.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
rightpantleg said:
Did it level out the Two Brow kit? All of your pictures are on a stand and I can't tell

sry just got back from riding it again :p yes it totally levels out the 2 bro kit. Thats the main thing i was so excited about, it made it sit perfectly how i wanted it! i packed the forks to full of grease tho, cause there a tad bit to stiff so i gotta fix that, thats just a matterof cleaning up some of the grease in there.:) but so far i really really like my little TTR here is some video from today.
yes i know its slow this is my first tme on this bike cause i have been building it up and finally got it to the track, so just bear with me plz hahaha. plus Lake elsinore was super rough today. and thor i would tell your client to get the FAST ACE shock or a used I shock, i really like my FAST ACE.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
YZ250F4ever said:
sry just got back from riding it again :p yes it totally levels out the 2 bro kit. Thats the main thing i was so excited about, it made it sit perfectly how i wanted it! i packed the forks to full of grease tho, cause there a tad bit to stiff so i gotta fix that, thats just a matterof cleaning up some of the grease in there.:) but so far i really really like my little TTR here is some video from today. YouTube - My modded 2006 TTR 50 Yamaha Out at the Track!! yes i know its slow this is my first tme on this bike cause i have been building it up and finally got it to the track, so just bear with me plz hahaha. plus Lake elsinore was super rough today. and thor i would tell your client to get the FAST ACE shock or a used I shock, i really like my FAST ACE.

I am glad you are liking the suspension...went out to Barona 2day with my daughter and we had a little fun and met a few new buds...all good

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Nice glad you like the shock i might cosider getting one.

You should head out to milestone sometime you would like the track alot better IMO. Terrain is smother then rocky elsinore.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
doopsx3 said:
I am glad you are liking the suspension...went out to Barona 2day with my daughter and we had a little fun and met a few new buds...all good

fiddy4ever said:
Nice glad you like the shock i might cosider getting one.

You should head out to milestone sometime you would like the track alot better IMO. Terrain is smother then rocky elsinore.

yea i really like it doop thx again for such a good deal! glad you had fun at barona, i am gonna ride with ya there soon! I think if i take some of the grease out it will be perfect (forks), cause i cleared a few 15ft tables today, hitting a fun whoop section and i was only using half the suspention. :) and i agree lake elsinore's dirt has always sucked! i go there cause i am no joke 5 mins or less away from it, plus its free hahah. and i jsut wanted to have my TTR hit the dirt for the first real time. i always ride Milestone, Pala, and cauhilla creek MX on my 250F just finally got my little 50 outa the garage for thw first time:D But i am really enjoying this 50. and like i said i will keep you guys updated on the shocks durability and stuff.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
If you dont weigh more than 140 pounds a stock 110 shock works phenominal. Thats what I used even with a plus 2 sano swinger for the longest time. Eventually they fade but so many people get rid of them so its super cheap to pick one up.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Doop, is it true that a 10.5 shock will level out +2s? I thought I read some where that the ishock with res was an 11 and the leveled out +2s

1 - 20 of 23 Posts