PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so im planing on upgrading my kids 50 motor. he is a vary good rider with vary good control, hes been riding for 1 year and 5 months now at almost weekly. ive spent a.lot of time with orange cones and obstetrical so he would get good with control hes now riding the easyer of the black dimend trails with me at the local riding park. hes finely able to start his bike him self and many times can lift it him self if he falls over. dont really wont to get a bigger heaver bike for him at this time.

at xmas the bikes suspension got upgraded with brand x forks,+2" swinger,fox floater shock and big bars. this stuff made a huge difference. but i did have to rework the forks with lighter springs and heavy oil.

my plans is to install a manual clutch kit vary soon. i wont to teach him how to use a clutch, we have talked about it and he keeps asking for one.

so im really interested in what is the most reliable and cost affective way about upgrading the motor?

88 kit? can i use the stock carb for this?

or 88 kit and race head?

would it be best to get a hole new moter like a Parana 150cc? and be dune with it.

how much power would each of these make.

hes riding with many kids that are riding 65cc 2t. i know they but out around 16 hp

he cant touch the ground on one yet. but he can tip toe and ride a 110 no problem.

love to hear your guys thoughts on this stuff.

·
Registered
816 Posts
get the pirannah 140 motor from a vendor on here like fpm or t bolt.This would be the cheapest route as the motor is 329 with 25-40 shipping to ur door.I think this would be a good motor and its got to be pretty fast and reliable and this motor comes complete and ready to bolt on.Or u could do the 88 rh kit for 350 but in my opinoin why spend that for a 88 kit when u can have a complete 140 that would be faster.But in the end its prefrence and what u want but th 88 tb race head kit is awesome to and good quality parts i love tbparts.com,just check things out and see what u want

·
Registered
652 Posts
kawi122 said:
get the pirannah 140 motor from a vendor on here like fpm or t bolt.This would be the cheapest route as the motor is 329 with 25-40 shipping to ur door.I think this would be a good motor and its got to be pretty fast and reliable and this motor comes complete and ready to bolt on.Or u could do the 88 rh kit for 350 but in my opinoin why spend that for a 88 kit when u can have a complete 140 that would be faster.But in the end its prefrence and what u want but th 88 tb race head kit is awesome to and good quality parts i love tbparts.com,just check things out and see what u want

I recently purchased the Pirahna yx140 package from Tbolt and opted for the bigger Mikuni 26mm carb. We installed it on a 50 size BBR frame and it is scarry fast! We are going to try and get some video of my son riding so people can see just how fast this thing is.

For $400 with different carb - this has to be one of the best buys out there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kdm197 said:
I recently purchased the Pirahna yx140 package from Tbolt and opted for the bigger Mikuni 26mm carb. We installed it on a 50 size BBR frame and it is scarry fast! We are going to try and get some video of my son riding so people can see just how fast this thing is.

For $400 with different carb - this has to be one of the best buys out there.

it dues sound like a good buy. i wonder how it will hold up over time? how old is your boy? how much hp and tork is it rated at?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I think the 140 has 10hp.. But it is a goob buy as you can use the stock pipe with the thing and any of your honda parts will work. Get the VM 26 carb thing drops right in the frame and the 140 dosent have to much compression for the little guy... Stock 50 has 2.6hp and a 88 kit stock head has 6hp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts