PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
possible-yes

how- take off ur flywheel and backing plate, put the backing plate in a vice and dish out the holes (theres just strait normal hole right now, need to make it carved out so its adjustable) do that just a little bit and then ur on ur way!

·
Registered
461 Posts
ya u can advance it no problem, it wont screw any thing up, but it will run worse if u adjust it wrong (to much or to little), so just try it a few times!

·
Registered
300 Posts
five0addict said:
possible? turn the rotor forwards or back? help/none?

Tried it doens't work the bike will rev easier but you lose alot of your top end power. I custom made a step key so the flywheel would advance in the shaft. I'd advise against it i thought it would help but it did not. I guess the inner rotor ignition is the way to go. It takes away al lthe rotating mass of the stock rotor.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats what i figured. i was just wondering, after me and a buddy pulled of his head the timing was off but running, we thought his cdi blew. but then checked the timing again and got it centered.

·
Registered
300 Posts
five0addict said:
thats what i figured. i was just wondering, after me and a buddy pulled of his head the timing was off but running, we thought his cdi blew. but then checked the timing again and got it centered.

Me and my brother using a step key advanced it in 5 deree increments untill it ran good enough. Total 15 degrees advance. The bike reved easier and reved a little higher. I'm betting with an 88 kit and a rev-box this would probably help. The stock cam doesn't make any power over 8,000 rpm. So revving a motor that doesn't want to rev passed a certain rpm doesn't really give you any extra power.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bucknutty69 said:
The stock cam doesn't make any power over 8,000 rpm. So revving a motor that doesn't want to rev passed a certain rpm doesn't really give you any extra power.

definetly noticed.. bringing anothr question, a touring cam on a 50cc engine?? if u wonder why i dont just buy a borekit 1.money 2.work 3.pushing a stock motor far beyond expectations is way cool :wink:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey bro I'm in the same boat as you. I've been saving what little extra money I have on the side. Which isn't alot. that's why I am currently running the stock motor. I don't even have exhaust yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.