PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything, but I have a question regarding the gen 3 yx140’s

I haven’t yet opened up the clutch cover, but when I do to replace the clutch, I was hoping to replace the cover with a 150/160 cover with the spot for an oil filter.

i know that the takegawa kit exists, but I really can’t fathom paying more for a clutch cover than the cost of my motor (even though I know it’s quality)

is it as simple as removing the slinger, installing a high flow oil pump, and replacing the clutch cover with the 150/160 variants?

thanks!

A photo of my bike with the motor.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey all, it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything, but I have a question regarding the gen 3 yx140’s

I haven’t yet opened up the clutch cover, but when I do to replace the clutch, I was hoping to replace the cover with a 150/160 cover with the spot for an oil filter.

i know that the takegawa kit exists, but I really can’t fathom paying more for a clutch cover than the cost of my motor (even though I know it’s quality)

is it as simple as removing the slinger, installing a high flow oil pump, and replacing the clutch cover with the 150/160 variants?

thanks!

A photo of my bike with the motor.
View attachment 278342

Is this a modified cub, or a cub clone? it's pretty sick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts