PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to add a small 6v horn to the front forks of my K1 just below the headlight, using the front fender mounting bolts. Just the thing to "toot" at the neighbors as I make my evening ride around the block. Looking at an early 6v Honda Cub horn. The mounting bracket , with the addition of a 90 degree bend, looks like it will fit the front fender mounting bracket bolts. Any of you guys done this? Hot wire from battery to the horn, then a push button grounding switch added to the handle bars and I should be set? Correct? THANKS!

·
Administrator
10,551 Posts
Well, the horn in the pic is a right-handed horn, you have it mounted on the wrong side...:rolleyes:

If there are two wires, you just ground it to the mount when you bolt the horn in place.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Received the early 1960’s Honda Cub horn today. In great shape for being 50 years old. Slight bend to the mount and it fit perfect on the Z50 front fender mounting bolts. Now to find a single wire CT70 horn button and I’m set.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
THANKS I thought that might be how they work.
Thanks davmo. I just ordered a repo CT70 style one wire push button horn switch. Do I just mount it like the Hi/Lo switch is mounted on the left bar, small hole in the lever perch and large hole on the other side, only on the right bar? Correct? THANKS!

·
Super Moderator
4,305 Posts
Thanks davmo. I just ordered a repo CT70 style one wire push button horn switch. Do I just mount it like the Hi/Lo switch is mounted on the left bar, small hole in the lever perch and large hole on the other side, only on the right bar? Correct? THANKS!
Yes, drill a hole exactly like the Hi-Lo switch. When drilling the hole, I found it easier to drill the hole from the bottom side where it comes through the perch and go through to the other side, using the hole on top for the pilot.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, drill a hole exactly like the Hi-Lo switch. When drilling the hole, I found it easier to drill the hole from the bottom side where it comes through the perch and go through to the other side, using the hole on top for the pilot.
It worked like a charm. Got the CT70 horn button and mounted it today. Wired the horn into the front brake power lead, plugged in the ground wire to the horn from the button, and everything works! I’m “honking”down the road now. And legal too! Thanks davmo!
Bicycle frame Bicycle Bicycle fork Bicycle part Motor vehicle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts