PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a 4 speed tranny or something for my 50 later on down the road. But the only thing that might keep me from getting it would be on how hard it is to install. Would splitting the cases be neccasary or can you get to the gears by simply removing the clutch cover.

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Hey Jetster,

If you want something different for now, try putting a manual clutch set up on your 3spd. I put one on my 88cc and it makes a big difference...

all I had to do was change the shift shaft, the 2 gears and swap the clutch pretty simple..... AWSOME holeshot and good drive comming out of corners. Cheap power fix.

OLDSCHOOL

·
Registered
769 Posts
What clutch set up did use and Is this on one of your modified strokers.(2 disc clutch or a 5 disc clutch.) I am Curios how much power can be handled by a 2 disc clutch.

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Hey Mike,

Well I Got 2 of those 86cc stroker motors that SKINDONER and my sponcor PRECISION CYCLES are selling ( the motors flat out RIP..!) and

I used the clutch set up out of that . (2 disc set up) so far so good.!!! The Motor at 106cc rips the spokes out of a stock wheel in two laps..! I'm building one with INNER ROTOR, TAKEGAWA MANNY 3 Speed and 22mm Carb with a secret head and cam combo. SUPER FAAAASSST.

Took me about 45 mins start to finnish auto-to-manual swap..!

Later.....OLDSCHOOL

·
Registered
769 Posts
Yea I would expect the 106 motor to have to use a heavy duty clutch set up like the Takagawa, so i assume the 86cc motors are probably using that clutch set up from honda mini trails that go for 155$. That clutch set up they have doest look like it toke that long to do or that difficult. Hey I took your advice on the inner rotor kit and I am putting it in right now(Just waiting for the garage heater to warm things up) I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Hey Mike,

On the INNER ROTOR, Make sure you put some LOCTITE on the hardware that is behind the Ign. plate. Because it comes loose when you try to adjust the timing.............. Also your going to have leave your Ign. cover off while you attempt to time it..! I cant read JAPANESE so...... Its trial and error on the timing...

If you want PM me and I'll give you my Phone #.........

thanks.....Kevin aka OLDSCHOOL

·
Registered
769 Posts
Hey thanks for the tips, I just installed the plate and I did put some blue lock tight on the hardware. I kinda figured I would have to play trial and error on the timing cause my Japanese is also rusty :roll: I'll PM you if I have any other questions. Thanks for your time Mike

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Definetly looks like I wont put a 4speed in lol. I really do not want to have to split cases. I think I am going to drop 2 more teeth in the rear and go to the HondaTrailBikes manual clutch setup when my stocker burns out.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
i just got done with a 110c 4speed with a 2 disc clutch setup and its working killer I added the heavy clutch springs and plates of corse sofar so good and a 110cc with a secret head and cam setup of mine

well it straight up shits and gets it :twisted:

holeshot garrenteed :twisted:

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Hey Mike,

How did that INNER ROTOR IGN. work out..????

Inquirering minds want too know..?

Later..........OLDSCHOOL

·
Registered
775 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
OLDSCHOOL said:
Hey Mike,

How did that INNER ROTOR IGN. work out..????

Inquirering minds want too know..?

Later..........OLDSCHOOL
Sorry haven't got back to you(I have been very busy the last couple of days.) Inner rotor has been installed and flat out RIPS. I cannot believe how much improvment this thing made. (I also put the Classic Honda super coil on with the inner rotor) We all know first gear is worthless but 2nd gear starts are incredible! You could even lug the motor in a corner in 3rd and still get out of the corner very well. I havent had that much time to play with the timming so I left the pick up in the center of the adjustment, and has seemed to work pretty darn good! I'll mess with the timming some more when I can get to a track and dial it in. I never noticed any loss in power on the top end, and it defintely gets the power curve there much much faster. The only problem I had was with the kill switch shipped with the inner rotor. This thing not only shocked the crap out of me but wouldn't kill the motor( it doesnt have a ground on the switch) So I put my old kill switch back on that has a ground built in the harness and all things are good now. WELL WORTH THE MONEY SPENT, racing season needs to hurry up and get here!!! :!:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.