PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's appreciated and about time! I've got my KLX140 for sale to do the 65 or 14/17 inch wheeled KX100 I've had planned! I'm leaning towards the 65 though! Hopefully this new forum will inspire some new projects! Who has some kind of project in mind besides me? L*64

·
Registered
566 Posts
I was thinking as a bigger trailbike than my 65, an old aircooled 2 stroke with 17/14 tires. like the old 1978 model rm125, with drum brakes to make it bulletproof, just change the rims and spokes and go. OR a pw80 with a beefed up suspension so it hits about 30 inch seat hieght. That motor has been around for ever and lasts good long while between rebuilds.

I think the kx100 would be an awesome play bike with some flywheel weights. It is the right size, probably just need springs done to it and go!

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've thought about a KTM plenty, but I guess I'd probably just go with the KX because I have 4 110's, and all the plastic switches back and forth, and there are mega parts for the Kaw on Ebay even though the KTM is faster.

I haven't ruled it out yet though. Still a possibility. Same with a KX100 with smaller wheels. --L*64

·
Registered
356 Posts
what the hell guys!!:mad: were was this forum about a year ago when i really wanted to make a pitbike out of a kx60 and every body kept telling me it just wasnt, a pitbike but i still ran the **** out of it at milestone. looking like a fool but i didnt care, and i still plan on bringing it back to life. Even though i now have a klx110 but that 60 was hell of fun to try to stay on top of that bitch. Ill keep you guys posted when i get her back up and running, with klx forks cuz that bitch got jacked for the forks when it broke. haha

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Luckystar64 said:
I've thought about a KTM plenty, but I guess I'd probably just go with the KX because I have 4 110's, and all the plastic switches back and forth, and there are mega parts for the Kaw on Ebay even though the KTM is faster.

I haven't ruled it out yet though. Still a possibility. Same with a KX100 with smaller wheels. --L*64

Yea I thought of the plastic's being interchangeable. That would be handy. But part of the reason I like the KTM is cause I don't like the Kaw. plastics very good.

And a 100 with small wheels would be badass!

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the Kaw plastic fine I guess. If there is anything I don't like, it's the front fender on a KX85/100. It's square like it's from the '80's or something.

I had two ideas. Either trim it a little rounder, then clean it up with a dremel, or run yellow plastic (the RM100 '03-'05 was the same only it had yellow plastic). I would run yellow plastic, then maybe try and find somebody who makes a RM85 (the RM85 fender looks cool) front fender without any holes in it-- where you have to drill your own holes. Then you could just drill it to fit the Kaw.

I'm more inclined to do the KX65 than the 100 for the simple reason that I was going to bring a 65 (set up for an adult) out to the track and use it as a pit bike in order to try and get some pit bike cred for it, and make it an acceptable option. I'm anticipating two stroke 65's to be around after the 85/100's have gone the way of four strokes. Reason being is that KTM built a new 65. I'm thinking that for the tiny tiddlers-- two strokes will stay in place. A four stroke 65 sized bike will be heavy fo a 9 year old to ride I'm thinking.

If everything was equal-- I'd take the KTM over the KX65, but that new KTM is an expensive bike, and the point is that I want a $2000 two stroke pit bike that can keep up with the more expensive rides. I really like the kaw front end and brakes too. The 'Zokes and WP shock are pretty cool on the KTM-- same with the hydraulic clutch. ---L*64

1 - 13 of 13 Posts