PlanetMinis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i big bored my cases and threwon the lifan big bore and e22 head with the timing chain and i got a trail bikes clutch now question time for masters like z88r.... what kind of carb is good with a takagawa intake i need something bigger than 20 mm (anyone wonna trade a 20mm for a 24mm? i think) and which cdi is better for my engine honda cdi or the one with the lifan?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
What cc's is it, 105? I would say run a 22mm for dirt if its a 105 but you realy need to tell what cc it is. And get the TB CDI, better than both the stock honda cdi and the lifan.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Re: A very fast & powerful solution for lifan engine own

mxbillyu812 said:
Well i big bored my cases and threwon the lifan big bore and e22 head with the timing chain and i got a trail bikes clutch now question time for masters like z88r.... what kind of carb is good with a takagawa intake i need something bigger than 20 mm (anyone wonna trade a 20mm for a 24mm? i think) and which cdi is better for my engine honda cdi or the one with the lifan?

I need some clarification here. You have a 69mm tall cylinder to start with. Where did you purchase the 52mm ID cylinder with the 69mm height and proper piston to fit your motor?

Regardless, if it were me, with a 105cc motor, I'd run a 24mm Keihin PE24 with the Keihin left-hand intake and proper air cleaner. I run a 26mm on the street with my 108, but it's on the street. However, you can run a 22 or 24 depending on what your needs are. I think dratv.com has the 22mm Mikuni's and intakes for those carbs.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I think I know where he got the 52mm piston with 69mm cyldinder. There is a guy selling them on ebay that I have seen.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its actually a 107cm. and thanks for the help and its is alot faster than it was when it was on the lifan so if you get a lifan put the big bore on the honda it works! hey any idea how the tranny will hold up to a 107 on a honda or will it break too and is there some better springs i can get for it?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yea z88r it came off a 110 lifan engine heres what i put on my honda.... Complete e22 head lifan cylinder 107cc piston lifan timing chain lifan engine spuds lifan tb manualclutch (i'd figured it would work better than a chinese one) and then we adjusted the valves and i dont have money right now for a cdi so i was wanting to know which get be better for my honda engine the lifan cdi or honda cdi thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no see my lifan isn't strokered... its a 107. so that means it is running i just dont it on my chassis.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no no just the piston. the cranks are the same size i measured... we even had to bore the cases for the piston to fit. the honda 70s crank is a 49mm..

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
well if it is the Lifan 86cc motor then the the rod is 49.5mm. The motor I built i used Lifan cases the crank out of the 86cc motor a special 10mm longer cylinder I got through Precision Cycles My sponcer a 52mm piston and it figures out to be 105cc I use a race 22mm carb for the application what ever you do do not use a flat slide carb 24mm carb, get the round barrel slide carb. the flat slide carb does not work well with a 4 stroke. I know all the ins and outs with these motors I have been working on these for sometime. the weakness is the shifting forks in the 86cc Lifan motors And I'm going to recieve some to fix any problems if any occur with a couple of 86cc Motors I own.......

The Race motor I have I used a Takegawa modified stock xr50 tranny and it holds up Great. no problems.

Later ................Oldschool

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Hey MxBilly,

How did you come out with a 107cc????

To figure out your total displacement (cc's) the formula for that is Bore X Bore X .7854 x Stroke.

52 Bore X 52 Bore X .7854 X 49 Stroke = about a 105cc not a 107cc

you would have to have a 50mm stroke to get a 107cc and the stock xr 50 crank is 49mm and the crank from a lifan motor is 49.5 mm and that makes it a 105cc.

You might have measured wrong on the Rod.?

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Yep that would be a 50cc displacement

39X39X.7854X41.4=50cc......... :wink:

·
Registered
462 Posts
and billy, if your honda motor and yout lifan motor are both 49 mm strokes, then your honda motors doesn't have a stock crank in it, my god kid you make up some of the stupidest f**king shit i have ever heard in my life. the only way you just added a cylinder to a stock bottom end is if that lifan cylinder is 57.5 mm, which i HIGHLY doubt. quit lieing kid.

·
Registered
787 Posts
PimpinRacer469 said:
and billy, if your honda motor and yout lifan motor are both 49 mm strokes, then your honda motors doesn't have a stock crank in it, my god kid you make up some of the stupidest f**king shit i have ever heard in my life. the only way you just added a cylinder to a stock bottom end is if that lifan cylinder is 57.5 mm, which i HIGHLY doubt. quit lieing kid.
What he said

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
is the only thing you two nerds good for is making shit? or do you have a purpose in life? if so go find out what it is instead of standing in front of computer and trying to be big in tough on planet minis with your thumb in ass now go get a life.... anway now that i said what i said to the dickweeds... my dad measured the piston compared to a 88cc piston and it should be a 107 what he said anyway... we got the bike assembled tonight and its definatley faster than when it was on the lifan motor... so if you have a honda steal the top end off a lifan and throw it on a xr50/70 engine... well tomorow i'll have pics since we did run it too errors with the clutch we gotta fix it... anyway its running great i'm getting a tb cdi box soon so that will help and a 22mm carb as soon as i can.

·
Registered
787 Posts
five0addict said:
[quote name='50man']What he said
DONT FUCXIN DO THAT!

that is the stupidest thing you can say after a post!

serious,

if anyone disagrees speak up![/quote]Well it's true!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.