PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded my finished CA plated XR50 for a CA plated Panda project. I am really attracted to the 10" wheel bikes.

This will be my 5th build within 2 years. Maybe I should go to some sort of rehab clinic for mini addiction.

Anyway, 110streetlegal did a fine job on this Panda making a foundation to build from. I will keep most of it but some will change and many new parts need to be added to make it the way I want. My signature build style is "sleeper with minor bling" and this will be no different.

Since I just finished an all Japanese Monkey R build, I thought maybe this one would be all Chinese. Next Fall I plan on an all Bulgarian build and I am beginning to source parts for that now.....

So here we go............

I traded this:

For this:

And for the first step in my build, I hung in a 150cc crate motor that I just happened to have laying around the garage

I HATE black motorcycles but this one has potential.....

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Isn't the xr worth more than the z considering the z had no motor or exhaust? Is the z all Chinese and Asian concepts so far?

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
s_10onbagz said:
Isn't the xr worth more than the z considering the z had no motor or exhaust? Is the z all Chinese and Asian concepts so far?

The only thing left on the XR that was Honda was the frame and plastic fuel tank. The chinese AHP 107cc was soo "two years ago" (as my daughter would say).

As far as worth, that is all relevant to the owner. In California, one plated mini is as valuable as another. Neither bike had high dollar parts on it. I never rode the XR because the seat is uncomfortable. I like the old school looks of a soft tail. Besides, I am DEFINITELY not into hobbies to make money. I just like to build. Thats the hobby appeal to me.

All in all, Marshal may have gotten the better end of the deal, but I got what I wanted and expected. It's all good.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Glad your happy. I think it was a good deal for both of us I pretty much wanted The frame from the xr. I'm getting ready to do a rebuild for the summer

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
you are addicted. haha

looking forward to this all chinese build. guys in europe seem to have some good stuff.

the mx seat isnt all that much more comfortable than the crf imo.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Too Much Black and Red?

On the Z50, the tank and seat are black and the seat has red piping. So I think red highlights like a red plug wire and a red Honda tank logo would look great with the black and silver.

I'm just not sure I want another black and red street legal mini......

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes yes. All good ideas to ponder.

Brad you have a PM regarding your...um....man cave...(do you really want to admit to having a man cave in San Francisco? :p)

Dan, you're a show off :).

I don't really want to put "year model" identifiers on this bike. It's a clone, and I am unashamed...... Maybe I'll put some Harley badges on it and be done with it.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
ShapeShifter said:
Brad you have a PM regarding your...um....man cave...(do you really want to admit to having a man cave in San Francisco? :p)

My wife got the extra room upstairs to basically turn it into her walk in closet and i got the Inlaw unit to do with how ever i like. Being that its attached to the garage downstairs and filled with my bike stuff I call it my man cave.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
reynolds_brad said:
My wife got the extra room upstairs to basically turn it into her walk in closet and i got the Inlaw unit to do with how ever i like. Being that its attached to the garage downstairs and filled with my bike stuff I call it my man cave.

Whatever you say man.

;)

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
ShapeShifter said:
Whatever you say man.

My inlaw is too nice to keep my gimp in. I keep it chained up under the stairs.

Here are the pics of my tank collection. The one off carbon one belongs to Drizz and is not for sale. I still need to finish the font mounting tabs for it poor guy has been waiting for ever. he still needs to finish other things on his monkey project first anyhow.

1 - 20 of 242 Posts