PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my bar kit but the throttle cable hits the frame while it is in the new carb top. Should I just bend it at a steeper angle? Also I was not exactly sure how to put the new throttle together. I put the need through the slider, put that wavy spring in sideways to hold in the needle then I slide the large spring on, is that correct? Finally, its always floored so I guess I have the slider in wrong, how is it suppost to go. I am most concerned with how to put the slider together and why the throttle cable is hitting the frame and not seating.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
the throttle crap is for the stock carb..if u dont have one...tahts ur problem ur having

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
i had to cut mine down..cuz i have the 20mm carb

·
Registered
185 Posts
I agree, definately check your slide. It takes some playing with to get it to go in right if you dont pay attention of how it came out. The slide and most of the spring will drop down into the carb all of the way when its in correctly. To test you can twist the throttle. If it doesnt twist, its probably still not in properly.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I can cut down that metal that leads to the carb cap so that it will be shorter? Or should I Just put a bigger angle on it so that it will not hit the frame. This kind of stuff pisses me off when I have just spent $200 on something.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Im not sure about your carb cap problem. but just a little advice, don't over-tighten the bolts on the throttle assembly. The metal is some cheesy stuff. I snapped mine and had to come up with some ghetto throttle.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I got it together and it was idling and then I zip tied the cables together and it started running at a high RPM again. What do I do about that? I cut the zip ties and moved the cable around again but its revving up too much again. I really am disappointed with this cable that BBR has sold me.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I honestly can't even think of what your problem might be. My BBR kit worked great and still does.

Did you do something different to it or modify it in any way? You are runing the stock carb and stock manifold?

Post pics so we can see what your doing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought the bbk kit too. Works fine for me! I know that I tried to use the little o ring gasket off of the old cap and it kept me from full throttle but once I took that off it worked fine. I also had to play around with how to screw on the top correctly because the cap and the bend of the throttle cable is a little tight in reference to the frame. By the way loosen those throttle bolts that tighten the throttle to the bars and it will be all good. If those bolts holding the throttle to the bars are too tight it throttle sticks every time. While ur loosening it you might as well put some waterproof grease in between throttle tube and bars and lube entire cable before install with the motion pro cable lube and some tri flow or something. the cable lube tool is like ten bucks and worth 50 if they charged that, so buy it, especially if you ride more than one bike. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dude! I have a bbr bar kit and just got a 88cc trail bikes kit with the 20mm carb and my bbr throttle cable isnt long enough and the one they gave me does'nt really match the throttle for the bbr and it does'nt adjust out long enough!! I'm confused on what to do to make it work!

G

·
One possible fix would be to cut down the tab on the throttle (assuming it's plastic) to give you a bit more room. I wouldn't say this is a permenant fix but might work til you a longer cable. Thats what my bike shop did for me when my stock throttle cable (even rerouted) was just a bit too short for my new handlebar kit.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok the carburator has a brass fitting and that was slightly tweaked. Its fixed now. Next question is have you guys ever used some of that rubber tape to bond the throttle cable to the carb cap the way it is on the stock carb cap. I want to wrap my cable and the carb cap in some of that soft flexible rubber tape. I think I'm gonna do it, what have you guys done instead?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.