PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple questions here, 1)is there a quick way to check if a crf 70 has the tb108 stroker on it with out taking it apart? 2)I've read not to put the ahp 4 speed tranny with the 108 bore? T/F? 3)can the ahp 4 speed be converted to the manual clutch? I can only find it for 3 spewh. 4)Last one, what exactly does an IRK do?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
1) Only way to accurately measure is to at least take off the head and measure how far the piston travels down. You might be able to measure the stroke through the spark plug hole but the angle make it a bit difficult and it only take 20min to pull the head
2) The reason people say not to use the AHP is they had issues, I never heard it was with a particular bore size but I know one person who went thru several trans(busted gears i think or dogs). I recommend trying to find an atc 4 speed if you really want a 4 speed(Dr.atv has them with a few options for shift drum and is the same price as the AHP)
3) There are two different manual clutches, the crank mounted(oem/TB ) and trans mounted(Takegawa and Kitaco). The TB style is no problem. Kitaco requires the longer shaft so only 4 speed that works is the takegawa. Takegawa has two trand mounted clutched, one for a short input shaft that has an adapter and the regular that works with their long shaft trans(3,4,5, or 6 speed)
4) IRK frees up the engine to rev quicker(same as the trans mounted clutch) due to removing weight off the crank. If you do have a 108 an IRK can be a handful as its alot of power for a small chassis when it comes on like a light switch

1 - 2 of 2 Posts