PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a bigminis rearend and man what a amazing difference,But I got a 15 tooth counter sprocket and a 37 tooth main sprocket with a DID chain and I kinda dont like it. My bike has yoshi exhaust, UNI filter, Joker plug,and a BBR rev box, Is this sprocket setup used by anyone else here, I noticed that power in 2nd is fantastic but 1st and 3rd are not that great in the bottom end. Also, My chain rattles alot and sounds nasty sometimes, is this normal on a extended swinger? Top end is slow as hell on wide open stuff but I must say that in the trails and rough stuff is just right. Am I trippen or do I just need a 4th gear no big deal. Any opinions

·
Registered
472 Posts
I am runnin 14-39 on my big minis rear end with a big boar +r and a takegawa close ratio transmission and i dont really like it. My sproclet bolts are kinda siezed on my wheel so i cant change it, but I might try changing the countershaft. My bike has AMAZING bottom end, but the top end is lacking so I dont know what direction to go in.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
big'n'slow632 said:
I am runnin 14-39 on my big minis rear end with a big boar +r and a takegawa close ratio transmission and i dont really like it. My sproclet bolts are kinda siezed on my wheel so i cant change it, but I might try changing the countershaft. My bike has AMAZING bottom end, but the top end is lacking so I dont know what direction to go in.

Ya, I dont feel like I am excelerating as fast as before, It just feels like 3rd is slow.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
hey alcapon i think your way overgeared, most people running the stock bore are around 13/37 which is close to 14/40 or 15/43. so maybee try going back to the stock 13t counter sprocket and keep the 37 on back.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have a CHP 143 with cam, stock head, Tak intake, VM26 and I'm using the BBR Super Pro. I started out with 14/39 then went to 15/39. The 14/39 made 1st gear and most of 2nd useless it was geared so low. It's better with the 15/39, but with a 1/4 turn throttle the thing is like a light switch. There is no ridding it at mid-throttle...it's either idle or WFO!

I'm planning on getting a 4th gear drum (I ride mostly big bike tracks and some open areas) and maybe trying the stock throttle tube again.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will put the 14t on and see what happends, It is so strange because if I let the revs get low there is like no power but if I keep them up super high there is all I need. especially when down shifting through a berm in 2nd, I rev it out and I can kick that back end pretty hard. That is the only thing better, everything else feels way off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.