PlanetMinis Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Hold on, where did you get that engine guard??
Came up for sale randomly on our Craiglist equivalent called Gumtree. He had Baja front also, but I passed on that.
He asked for pics when installed so he could advertise, not sure but sounded like he had more reproduction parts. I'll ask if anything when I send him these shots.
Z50 baja repro parts STILL AVAILABLE | Motorcycle & Scooter Accessories | Gumtree Australia Knox Area - Ferntree Gully | 1272544817

100% bolt on & perfect fitment which was such a bonus with the Z being so modified !

·
Super Moderator
4,292 Posts
Came up for sale randomly on our Craiglist equivalent called Gumtree. He had Baja front also, but I passed on that.
He asked for pics when installed so he could advertise, not sure but sounded like he had more reproduction parts. I'll ask if anything when I send him these shots.
Z50 baja repro parts STILL AVAILABLE | Motorcycle & Scooter Accessories | Gumtree Australia Knox Area - Ferntree Gully | 1272544817

100% bolt on & perfect fitment which was such a bonus with the Z being so modified !
View attachment 276489 View attachment 276490 View attachment 276491 View attachment 276492
Such a cool bike!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
This weekend is mucking about with gearing changes. Smaller rear sprocket first, if that is too high geared then reverting to my original front sprocket that is smaller than current (i swapped in when the 88cc went in, but this was still geared too low. First gear is still like snail pace !

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Sprocket update. Well fitted just the new smaller rear sprocket & did a quick full speed test ride on the trail on a sloppy chain ... Holy hell on the flat it easily hauls to full revs and its now fast. Quite scary at full speed. I will have to do a speed check & let everyone know what the 88cc and sprocket combo is delivering ... seems this will be fine on made roads but on the trail I better take care as I often don't wear a helmet.

First gear is still incredibly low. I did a couple of steep bank crawl tests by stopping and starting and it easily passed those. I will recheck the teeth count is at the 14/32 as I just threw the sprocket on after I could see it was smaller. Potentially I could have gone even a smaller rear, but at this point when I possibly add on a heavy backpack for treks this gearing is probably where I want to be. And after that test blast I've got to let my adrenaline levels settle & remove a link or two !! Rear brake was very slightly on as wheel was right back and brake rod nut was just two clicks on, and knobs on the hog were ever so slightly touching the chain guide. All in all the speed blew me away !!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts