PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys Im new here. I have a 92 xr100 and I have an issue. I took off the clutch cover to replace the gasket and there is a little piece which I will attach a pic of that I cant figure out where it goes. Also how does one adjust the clutch? It seems like its always enganged. Thanks for any help.

Heres the piece that I have no clue where it goes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dude thank you so much I just pulled the cover off and saw what ur talking about right away. Whats the best way to adjust the clutch because it seems like its engaged all the time. The little screw on the cluch cover, does it have anything to do with the adjustment?

·
Banned
1 Posts
Any time:)

Yes, the screw is the adjustment at the engine. Loosen the adjuster at the bars, then adjust the lower screw on the case. Re-adjust lever adjuster. That's IF you didn't mess with any thing else, that may have caused the problem. Was this a change after removing the cover, or always been that way?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it happened after pulling the cover off. In the diagram you posted, number 8 is the screw I am talking about. Also there is no oil in the engine right now could that be a factor? And what the heck kinda oil do you use in these? Thanks again for all ur help.

jake HEAD UP HEHEH.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Walsh said:
Did you not soak the clutches in oil before you put them in?

when i put my new clutch in my 89 xr100 i didn't soak it. i just put it in filled the bike with fresh oil, started it and did a holeshot. the exact same way i do the clutch on my hayabusa. with the price of the xr100 clutch only being a few bucks its pointless to waste time and soak the clutches

1 - 13 of 13 Posts