PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is my next option, I've got a Kitaco 88cc kit, carb, head, front & rear spockets & a pipe but i want more. What is the next step for more power......A bigger motor is not out of the question I just need to smoke the competition.

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
probably the same for labor too.

its not cheap. how about you turbo charge it or put some nos on it. a quick 150 shot of NOS. take you from your 6hp to 156hp. 8O

lol

yea stroke it, inner rotor, lighten the flywheel, basically all the little stuff that will add up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did just that to my 88 kit, opened up the head, put in a 50mm tak stroker crank and a kitaco inner rotor.. it was like a whole new bike.. I'm going to install a 54mm piston and jug next.. the nice thing about the 50mm crank is that it seemed to spin up a bit faster than the 54mm.. i did try both, the 50mm just felt better on my local track... but i can honestly say it was worth the money.... you might ask around and see if someone had a china copy of the tak crank.. i thought i saw one on dratv's site for around 200.. but i might be wrong...

Dwaine

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
309-1083500 51mm Kitaco Stroker Crankshaft

350-1083411 Kitaco Stroker Piston Kit - 12 V

110-1013013 Kitaco Mikuni VM26 Carburetor Assembly(left side)

515-0000430 Kitaco 43mm Chrome Air Filter

Classic Honda has those parts. The above are also the Kitaco Parts numbers. The Kitaco 51mm stroker crank is nicer than the takegawa one.

Which Kitaco Head do you have?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
z88R said:
Inner Rotor kit will be better. However, if you are going to run a stroker crank, I would stick with the stock flywheel.

Why? Stalling? In theory higher RPMS will also cause it to lose RPMs real quick. Right?

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
It's a balance issue, and by lightening the weight on one side of the crank will cause the crank bearings to wear out faster with a clutch on the crank. The stock cranks don't have his issue, but the offset pin location on the stroker causes this problem to show up much faster. Leads to excessive vibration and could cause engine failure.

Also, with the clutch on the crankshaft, don't go over 12K rpm or you could cause the clutch to tear itself to pieces.

You can run an inner rotor with a stroker, but you will also need a clutch off the crankshaft to balance out the motor.

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
i have the TB clutch..........so im good to go with the inner rotor and then put the stroker in later? i think thats what im going to do.

vince...you have mail.

so is lightening the flywheel have the same effect as the rotor kit?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Not as much. Inner rotor will of course make it rev faster.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.