PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1972 CT70H
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am brand spankin new here so hello to everyone. I purchased a big bore kit from CHP and everything went according to plan until I got to the part where you install the gasket between the head and the jug. The gasket that was sent was an all metal embossed stamped version that I have enclosed a picture of "I hope". The gasket is so thin there is no way that the 2 O rings that normally would go on the oil path in and out will squish down far enough to seal properly. Is this gasket designed to be used without those 2 O rings because of the embossed areas around where the O rings would normally go? I have just not seen one of these gaskets before so thought I would ask. Thanks guys "or gals".
20201119_094703.jpg

·
Super Moderator
10,027 Posts
Which specific 88cc big bore kit did you purchase, and for what model bike? CHP lists a bunch of kits and shows a conventional head gasket in all of the pictures.

·
Registered
1972 CT70H
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which specific 88cc big bore kit did you purchase, and for what model bike? CHP lists a bunch of kits and shows a conventional head gasket in all of the pictures.
Oh sorry about that. I ordered the kit for a 1972 HK1 and the part number was SKU CT70-88. I also did notice the picture of the regular gaskets when I went back and looked at the website. I have a call in to them but they haven't called me back yet so I thought I would throw it out to you fine folks.

·
Registered
1972 CT70H
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I just got a call back from CHP and he said that the metal gasket goes on just by itself with neither of the O rings. He said those were older stock and is still going through them and had not updated the gasket kit in the to remove the 2 extra O rings. Problem solved I guess.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Makes sense, those "rings" around the holes where the o-rings would go will provide the seal in the same manner as at the cilinder and head edge.

·
Registered
1972 CT70H
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Makes sense, those "rings" around the holes where the o-rings would go will provide the seal in the same manner as at the cilinder and head edge.
Thank you so much for the replies you guys I really appreciate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts